The Train Line @ Seaburn Metro station

New coffee and cake place opened last week where the little newsagent was.

The coffee is very good, the selection of cakes is superb although I've only sampled a mini cinnamon swirl thus far (3 for a quid!)

They also do papers, sarnies, cold drinks and good old fashioned sweets, although I've told them they need to get the sarsparilla tablets stocked.

Been a few times already, staff are lovely, so all in all its a solid 5/5 from Mux and a good addition to the area.
Should of called it the coffee mill
Same lad who has fulwell butchers I think
Do they do cask dm, panack, savloy dips or curry batter buns?
No but it has a juliet balcony

New coffee and cake place opened last week where the little newsagent was.

The coffee is very good, the selection of cakes is superb although I've only sampled a mini cinnamon swirl thus far (3 for a quid!)

They also do papers, sarnies, cold drinks and good old fashioned sweets, although I've told them they need to get the sarsparilla tablets stocked.

Been a few times already, staff are lovely, so all in all its a solid 5/5 from Mux and a good addition to the area.
I agree the cake display looks fantastic. However luke warm coffee and 4 younguns behind the counter non of whom said hello. 2/5
Potential but big room for improvement. Hope the are successful though

I agree the cake display looks fantastic. However luke warm coffee and 4 younguns behind the counter non of whom said hello. 2/5
4 behind the counter!!
Have they extended it, used to have small counter, usual sweets laid out and papers etc either side (I think)

That explains the garden centre transactions on my card. Was wondering about them.
The Grange Garden centre, aye I got them as well. Great for making the FBI think I'm into horticulture and not just a fat greedy bastard.
The last coffee I has was scadding hot. Too hot I think. The others were decent. They're probably getting used to getting it right.
Paper and choc bars aplenty whenever I was in. What more do you want?
This is it mate.

Last edited:

Back