The Tip

Booked in for Saturday at 09:20.

Still lots of slots left if anyone is looking for something to do on Boxing Day.

Absolutely cracking shout this, hadn't even crossed my mind.

Booked for Saturday 12:20.

Cheers
This booking a slot thing seems a bit poor. Just rock up at ours when you want. Only need to book if you’ve got a van.

Booking is the future.

No queue and get ya own bay, no f***ing about

Last edited:

I used Deptford tip about 6 weeks ago..booked my slot online..went in and had the confirmation ready on my phone..goes in and without saying or showing anything the lad just said..'what you got'..then told me the skip numbers..so can you still just turn up??

Got shot of load of crap day before yesterday in Seaham. Just rocked up with a load of cardboard. First time this year haven’t had a queue. It was great :lol:

mind, I was on the gantry overlooking the cardboard skip and saw a toy half sticking out from under a piece of cardboard. Kicked it off and saw this :eek::lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Booking system has been one of the best things to happen this year which says a great deal

100% agree.

Hopefully it remains for everything, sadly I can't see it though for the places that use traffic to make £££.

Beamish was class the other day, no queues for anything as they now do a time slot for arrival

Love a tip thread me!

although I have had a nightmare once last summer when I knocked my prescription sunglasses off my face into a skip when I was throwing in an old box!

bloke gave me a long hook, and was on ages but eventually got them back!

Even the best places in Sunderland can turn into a nightmare at times.

Love a tip thread me!

although I have had a nightmare once last summer when I knocked my prescription sunglasses off my face into a skip when I was throwing in an old box!

bloke gave me a long hook, and was on ages but eventually got them back!

Even the best places in Sunderland can turn into a nightmare at times.

WTF! Are you an albino or something?

I realise that I don't get out much these days so I'm easily impressed but I've just been to the tip and it's the most straightforward visit I've ever had. In and out in two minutes.
Wonder if they'll keep the booking system after the pandemic.
Look North's new Waste Management Correspondent coming soon I bet ;)

Love a trip to the tip. Feels so good to throw away crap that you don't need.

Agree that the booking system for tips (sorry "household recycling facilities") is one of the better things to come out of 2020. There used to be a huge queue but now I can get in and out in a few minutes.

Back