The thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger) may have been rediscovered

Spent a bit of time on Tassie a few years back. Was quite fascinated by the story of the tiger. Called in to the Mole Creek Hotel which is full of memorabilia - paper cuttings of sightings etc. Got pretty pissed and the landlord let me park my van in the shed out the back. Great place.

Spent a bit of time on Tassie a few years back. Was quite fascinated by the story of the tiger. Called in to the Mole Creek Hotel which is full of memorabilia - paper cuttings of sightings etc. Got pretty pissed and the landlord let me park my van in the shed out the back. Great place.
Sounds like a very interesting story, but my juvenile humour is struggling with the last sentence.

He let me hang out of his back shed.

It got a bit weird actually. Some local was getting married the next day and he was adamant we come to his wedding. We'd had a good laugh in the pub and that. Woke up around 6.30am and fucked off out of there before they actually made us do it. I'd have probably been put in the wedding dress.

The girt dog of ennerdale right here in the UK was believed to have been a thylacine.As for the announcement, I don't believe it,believed extinct yet not one but three captured on film? Nope 🤔

Was in Tassie for Xmas and they have a bit of info in a museum/gallery at Cradle Mountain. Would be amazing if true but can’t see it, nearly 100 years since a confirmed sighting. Be interesting to see the pictures though

Nick Mooney, honorary curator of vertebrate zoology at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery can fuck right off tbf.

I'm sure nobody would be happier than Nick to rediscover the thylacine. Trouble is, he brings pesky scientific method into it.

Some of the thylacine hunters, passionate as they are, are not exactly on the cutting edge of science.

Logon or register to see this image

I'm sure nobody would be happier than Nick to rediscover the thylacine. Trouble is, he brings pesky scientific method into it.

Some of the thylacine hunters, passionate as they are, are not exactly on the cutting edge of science.

Logon or register to see this image

Those thylacine hunters remind me of big cat hunters in the UK or Squatch hunters in the States 🙂

Back