The Terror

The book is excellent despite Simmons being a massively pretentious twat. I'd never watch a TV show about it, though. Can't imagine how they can stretch the events over the inevitable six series.

Has anyone seen This?
Just watched the first episode. Quite stylish and grim depiction of two ships crossing the arctic in the 1840s. Seems interesting so far.
Really enjoying this so far, watched the first two episodes. Very atmospheric and creepy, only bad thing I could say is that it’s quite obvious a lot of the time when they are outside that they are on a soundstage, apart from that it’s excellent.

AFAIK it’s meant to be an event series so only one series. Can’t imagine Ciaran Hinds signing up for something that drags on for a long time. Toby Menzies has been cast as prince Philip in the crown and Jared Harris has a pretty big recurring role in the expanse so that would tie up most of the cast.

It’s also telling a very specific story so hard to see how they could drag it out. You never know though.

The book is excellent despite Simmons being a massively pretentious twat. I'd never watch a TV show about it, though. Can't imagine how they can stretch the events over the inevitable six series.
Give it a go, you never know, you might enjoy something for once! ;)

Has anyone seen This?
Just watched the first episode. Quite stylish and grim depiction of two ships crossing the arctic in the 1840s. Seems interesting so far.
I've got the first 5 eps sitting on my harddrive. Might give it a watch tonight. It's getting great reviews.

Have you ever known a recent TV series be a single season long?
Quarry. Brilliant show but nobody watched it so it was cancelled after 1 season. Travesty.

I'll bet you any money they drag it past one. Have you ever known a recent TV series be a single season long?

There are a few that have a season-long arc then when they come back it's a different cast and/or completely different story...

American Horror Story
True Detective
Fargo

... to name a few

Canny that one.

The V remake was ok too and got binned early doors as well.

[spits on the floor]

Heathen!

Doesn't everyone (almost) die at the end of this one anyway? I have seen the first 5 episodes very good I thought, the way the personal conflicts are built alongside the issues with weather and supernatural stuff is very well done. Generally well acted too.

Doesn't everyone (almost) die at the end of this one anyway? I have seen the first 5 episodes very good I thought, the way the personal conflicts are built alongside the issues with weather and supernatural stuff is very well done. Generally well acted too.
It's based on the real life events of the Terror and the Erebus as they looked for the North West passage. Still, you'll get slaughtered for spoilers here. :lol:

Godless. Supposed to be a one off and no second series planned.
Is it doing well? Is it American? If the answer to these are yes then I'd imagine it will get a second season. Look at Lost. Meant to be two seasons? Ended up being how many? Money talks, regardless of if the story suffers.

They've even wangled a second series of the Handmaid's Tale, FFS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it doing well? Is it American? If the answer to these are yes then I'd imagine it will get a second season. Look at Lost. Meant to be two seasons? Ended up being how many? Money talks, regardless of if the story suffers.
Yes and yes. But as people were asking about a second series they were still saying it was a limited series and most characters had fulfilled their 'arc' (or were dead). This might still do something like a Fargo and return with a different cast. The original was excellent.
'Godless' Team on Expanding Netflix's Limited Series Beyond One Season

Back