The sunderland strangler Steven greivson

There have been a strangely nigh number of pupils and ex pupils who who’ve died from non natural causes since I went to monkeyhouse.
That sounds a bit confessional mate.

Joking aside a lad I know said he'd been attacked as a youngun by him but managed to fight him off. He said no-one at the time believed him but the Police eventually interviewed him and said he'd been lucky.

Last edited:
That sounds a bit confessional mate.

Joking aside a lad I know said he'd been attacked as a youngun by him but managed to fight him off. He said no-one at the time believed him but the Police eventually interviewed him and said he'd been lucky.
Was it down Hendon as there is an attempted murder charge that is on file that was meant to have happened down Hendon?

did you actually go to the police with this info. at present that is all it is, as it is not relevant to the murder but it is information that he frequented that area.

as for others who think greiveson is responsible, have you gone to the police with any information you have.

I am sure the police would welcome other information / evidence in relation to this murder
There is an attempted murder charge on file from an attack down Hendon way, so they may know he was down that way but how frequently is anyone's guess.

Was it down Hendon as there is an attempted murder charge that is on file that was meant to have happened down Hendon?

There is an attempted murder charge on file from an attack down Hendon way, so they may know he was down that way but how frequently is anyone's guess.

I know at one point the grieveson family moved over towards the Royalty area of chester road, so the east end is only a short walk away.

some people do come on here and quote information as if it is fact. If it is fact the police need to know about it, that's why I hope that if people do have facts, inform the police. I think I read in the paper a new investigation team has reopened, so they will be delighted if people call in with new evidence or even if they overhead somebody talking to somebody else

We watched the documentary last night , one thing that had me puzzled was something the journalist said about the original investigation into the murder of the first boy in the deserted house . He said something about there having been five murders in Sunderland in about a week at that time and that the police had a lot going on , I just can’t recall what other murders he could have been on about in 1990 .
Aside from that it was interesting to watch but so sad to think that in all likelihood at least one of those lads may have been spared if it had been properly investigated.

It was down Hendon like. :eek:

I still to this day don't know too much about either of the cases mentioned. I think my parents protected my innocence by never letting me know about the incidents at the time or talking about them in front of me and as a South Sider it wasnt something that kids at school were talking about.

However one of his victims, Tommy, was the wife's cousin and they were quite close when they were little'uns.
He was the lad I knew .Greivson was seen chasing him in a car,police were told aswell at the time .

... He said something about there having been five murders in Sunderland in about a week at that time and that the police had a lot going on , I just can’t recall what other murders he could have been on about in 1990 ...
Possibly murders across a wider area than Sunderland alone? Northumbria police and all that.

He killed the son of a friend of mine (though I didn't know it till much later) and I was interviewed by the police at the time as I lived next to Roker 'Ravine' Park where he committed the crimes.

I was also interviewed for the Yorkshire Ripper murders and the Sunderland Poly (serial?) rapist - in each case the person responsible was not caught for donkeys after!

Our plod must have been crap...

He killed the son of a friend of mine (though I didn't know it till much later) and I was interviewed by the police at the time as I lived next to Roker 'Ravine' Park where he committed the crimes.

I was also interviewed for the Yorkshire Ripper murders and the Sunderland Poly (serial?) rapist - in each case the person responsible was not caught for donkeys after!

Don't think you can blame our plod for the Yorkshire Ripper like.

Jesus mate... sounds like the cops will get you one day.

Back