The sunderland strangler Steven greivson

I think the police should look closely at the period of 1990-1993, from when that animal killed the first bairn to when he killed the other 3. Were there any more murders / disappearances of young men / boys in Sunderland ?
I’m sure there will be more wrongdoings. Why he would have only have done these? It’s naive to believe he’s been caught for all of his wrongdoing.

There have been a strangely nigh number of pupils and ex pupils who who’ve died from non natural causes since I went to monkeyhouse.
Houghton Kepler must challenge it for dodgy ex pupils like.

Fairly sure there is some dna evidence, you would think that will have been checked by now.
You should offer your know how. Might open some avenues they haven't thought of.

I think the police should look closely at the period of 1990-1993, from when that animal killed the first bairn to when he killed the other 3. Were there any more murders / disappearances of young men / boys in Sunderland ?
I agree.

I know loads of people claim to be ITK wrt the Nikki Allen murder but I would still hold Grieveson up as a prime suspect for this.

I’m very much a Southsider (and all the better for it) and I met Grieveson on two occasions. The first time would have been about 86 or 87. Friends and I were fishing on the South side of the river under Monkwearmouth Bridge, he turned up alone and gave us a load of spiel about wanting to fish the next evening and “would we be back again?” In my memory I recall saying I would be back, but for some reason all the other lads said they wouldn’t. Again, on reflection, I remember him talking to me and me alone from that moment on. Thankfully I didn’t go fishing the next day.

The next time I saw him him was around 89. Again I was fishing on the south side of the river, but a bit further east, towards Corporation Quay, but not quite that far. He was with another lad, much taller but seemingly dim with black hair. He asked if he could take a bit of bait, it was late in the day so I said yes, he tried to take it all, plus tackle and a knife. I said “you’re not taking all that”, we exchanged words and he punched me in the face, it was pathetic. A really soft punch, but the other bigger lad was looming, so I let it go. I was only 13/14 before I get any sarcy comments. The next day my older brother and I found him on Roker pier and took everything back off him. All of this clearly demonstrates a manipulative bully as far as I’m concerned.

WRT Nikki Allen, people say the murder doesn’t match his MO, but it does. 3 poor boys were strangled I know, and may they RIP, but his first murder was a “frenzied attack” with a brick. The Nikki Allen murder, poor bairn, was a “frenzied attack” with a knife. Not a world of difference IMHO. He certainly spent time on the south side of the river too, so could have easily been stalking- out the Garth’s, the Exchange etc.

I agree.

I know loads of people claim to be ITK wrt the Nikki Allen murder but I would still hold Grieveson up as a prime suspect for this.

I’m very much a Southsider (and all the better for it) and I met Grieveson on two occasions. The first time would have been about 86 or 87. Friends and I were fishing on the South side of the river under Monkwearmouth Bridge, he turned up alone and gave us a load of spiel about wanting to fish the next evening and “would we be back again?” In my memory I recall saying I would be back, but for some reason all the other lads said they wouldn’t. Again, on reflection, I remember him talking to me and me alone from that moment on. Thankfully I didn’t go fishing the next day.

The next time I saw him him was around 89. Again I was fishing on the south side of the river, but a bit further east, towards Corporation Quay, but not quite that far. He was with another lad, much taller but seemingly dim with black hair. He asked if he could take a bit of bait, it was late in the day so I said yes, he tried to take it all, plus tackle and a knife. I said “you’re not taking all that”, we exchanged words and he punched me in the face, it was pathetic. A really soft punch, but the other bigger lad was looming, so I let it go. I was only 13/14 before I get any sarcy comments. The next day my older brother and I found him on Roker pier and took everything back off him. All of this clearly demonstrates a manipulative bully as far as I’m concerned.

WRT Nikki Allen, people say the murder doesn’t match his MO, but it does. 3 poor boys were strangled I know, and may they RIP, but his first murder was a “frenzied attack” with a brick. The Nikki Allen murder, poor bairn, was a “frenzied attack” with a knife. Not a world of difference IMHO. He certainly spent time on the south side of the river too, so could have easily been stalking- out the Garth’s, the Exchange etc.
Blimey, you had a close call there mind. I think they should also look at Carlisle, as that was where he was in care for a good few years (so he'll of known the area and could've gone back there from time to time).
The man is evil, but as a narcissist he'll have loved the fact they made this documentary about him.

Blimey, you had a close call there mind. I think they should also look at Carlisle, as that was where he was in care for a good few years (so he'll of known the area and could've gone back there from time to time).
The man is evil, but as a narcissist he'll have loved the fact they made this documentary about him.
Again, I agree completely.

Did that have anything to do with that house/derelict building getting knocked down on the sea front or was that another separate incident?

I walked past that place yesterday and it reminded me of when one of the murders happened, me and my granda often went down the beach after sunday breakfast for a walk and remember a load of coppers around and him telling me some young lad had died.

I remember he asked to play football with me and my mates on Roker Park (the park). Always seemed a right queer fucker, always on his own and hanging about, waiting for people to turn up and join in with. Just seemed odd at his age, as he a fair few years older than us.
His first victim (again, I dont want to name names) was in a couple of classes with me at school and one of my mates was knocking about with him earlier on the night he went missing.

Last edited:
I agree.

Didn’t the police rule him out last year?

Didn’t the police rule him out last year?
Don’t know, as I say I don’t claim to be ITK. I just know from my own experience that he spent time by the river and that would put him close to the garths and the Exchange building. The Police haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory with either case so who knows what the real story is.

I agree.

It looks like you may have had a close shave there mate.

I agree.

did you actually go to the police with this info. at present that is all it is, as it is not relevant to the murder but it is information that he frequented that area.

as for others who think greiveson is responsible, have you gone to the police with any information you have.

I am sure the police would welcome other information / evidence in relation to this murder

I still to this day don't know too much about either of the cases mentioned. I think my parents protected my innocence by never letting me know about the incidents at the time or talking about them in front of me and as a South Sider it wasnt something that kids at school were talking about.

However one of his victims, Tommy, was the wife's cousin and they were quite close when they were little'uns.

What the fuck are you on about? The police fucked up and their investigation into that murder and also the the grievson casesand were nothing short of incompetent. The Heron interviews are so pathetically inept as to be laughable, he admits nothing but is cajoled and coaxed into saying things that for the most part he doesn't even understand. Someone on here said that the interviews are now used by police to illustrate the completely wrong way to carry out an interview. The police discontinuing their search for any other suspect was a spiteful and self serving decision to make it look like heron was the murderer but they couldn't prove it.

What the fuck are you on about? The police fucked up and their investigation into that murder and also the the grievson casesand were nothing short of incompetent. The Heron interviews are so pathetically inept as to be laughable, he admits nothing but is cajoled and coaxed into saying things that for the most part he doesn't even understand. Someone on here said that the interviews are now used by police to illustrate the completely wrong way to carry out an interview. The police discontinuing their search for any other suspect was a spiteful and self serving decision to make it look like heron was the murderer but they couldn't prove it.

Heres the scratter back.

Back