The sunderland strangler Steven greivson

After watching that documentary it’s mentioned that police were dealing with another 5 murders in the city so were quick to dismiss the bairns in 1990. There is definitely more victims to this Grieveson fella. It’s weird got me not knowing the full story and only seeing articles and watching documentaries but the first victim(won’t say his name as his family might be on here) and Grieveson’s name was always linked together by my mam over the years. She went to school with the lad who was murdered in 1990 and she always thought he was behind it

We saw the documentary and were trying to work out what the other 5 murders were at that time

I recall reading somewhere (I stand to correcdted mind).

There was murder in southwick around 2006 and the lad who did it had been in contact with Grieveson during his murders;resulting in mental health problems.

It was the murder were the lad has gone into some house and battered them to death whilst victim was asleep on settee,don’t recall full details of case but I am sure I’ve read something about this.

Like I’ve said I do stand to be corrected on this.

He was and was a right horrible sly kernt .

This. Snide little fucker

I remember how strange Monkwearmouth school was around this time. Felt like Jim Farnie (sp) was telling kids every other week a pupil had passed away

Farnies grandson is in my sons class

Weird time.

My kid Bro was in Thomas Kellys class and we lived in Swan Street at the time. Thomas lived in the street behind and Simon round the corner and Greiveson spent loads of time on Carley road.

My sister was in his class at school and was also best friends with his then girlfriend. At the time he was arrested I remember thinking there was no way on earth he could have done it, he was one of the nicest lads you could ever meet. As you say it was an absolute disgrace what he was put through.

Aye nice lad AW

Last edited:
I recall reading somewhere (I stand to correcdted mind).

There was murder in southwick around 2006 and the lad who did it had been in contact with Grieveson during his murders;resulting in mental health problems.

It was the murder were the lad has gone into some house and battered them to death whilst victim was asleep on settee,don’t recall full details of case but I am sure I’ve read something about this.

Like I’ve said I do stand to be corrected on this.
This one, on Coldstream Avenue: MURDER FILMED ON PHONE.

Horrendous that like.

Sad watching this- I worked at the Pit with Tommy Snr, one of the other victims Uncles, and although unrelated the Dad of the lad thrown off the Queen Alex bridge.

As one of the earlier posters mentioned loads murdered or were murderers at Houghton School (wasn’t Kepler then) 3 murderers and 2 murdered I think around my year, but after they left school

30 year this month when they charged this bastard with murder.so many lives have been ruined.
I hope he’s had it really bad over the last years
He was a dodgy fucker and a bit older and bigger than me. I kept well out of his way as I knew he’d do me a bit harm as he hated me ma and Da.

What is a Necroed thread?

Google and add a comment to threads that are months or years old. This bumps the thread to the top, after the thread was “dead” for a while. And so they are like necromancers, raising the thread from the dead. This is called “necro-ing.”18 Oct 2022

What is a Necroed thread?

Google and add a comment to threads that are months or years old. This bumps the thread to the top, after the thread was “dead” for a while. And so they are like necromancers, raising the thread from the dead. This is called “necro-ing.”18 Oct 2022
Are you still pissed?

He was a dodgy fucker and a bit older and bigger than me. I kept well out of his way as I knew he’d do me a bit harm as he hated me ma and Da.
I lived in the area at the time - but was working away at the time - when I had a visit from two cops to give a statement, the first questions were along the lines 'are you married/in a relationship' which I thought was a bit weird but with hindsight they must have thought the murderer was a paedophile. Years later I learned that one the lads murdered was the son of someone I knew but hadn't seen for about 15years.

I lived in the area at the time - but was working away at the time - when I had a visit from two cops to give a statement, the first questions were along the lines 'are you married/in a relationship' which I thought was a bit weird but with hindsight they must have thought the murderer was a paedophile. Years later I learned that one the lads murdered was the son of someone I knew but hadn't seen for about 15years.
It was common knowledge when Tommy got killed that Grevo and his mates were seen chasing him.
He was a horrible bastard.

His sister was bullied at school when it come out it was him, she stuck close to our lass remember at dinner time so no one would have a go at her.

Yeah.....he confessed but theyd beat it out of him and not let a solicitor get to him.
He confessed to things only the killer could know. The catholic church had him in hiding in ireland after he was freed.
They can never use his confession and simply dont have enough otherwise.

Litterally got away with murder.......george herron.

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/nikki-allan-murder-could-12-10993033.amp
This statement aged well

It was common knowledge when Tommy got killed that Grevo and his mates were seen chasing him.
He was a horrible bastard.

His sister was bullied at school when it come out it was him, she stuck close to our lass remember at dinner time so no one would have a go at her.

I always thought/got the impression the murderer was a loner - I didn't know he had a 'posse'.

Back