The Sunderland Echo's in bed with BBC with their Anti-Brexit articles...

Just another example of bullshit reporting.

North East now split 50/50 on Brexit claims new opinion poll

Everyone I know who voted leave, would still vote leave. I'd wager that this represents the rest of the NE also... :rolleyes:

I would imagine the Echo have copied this off some other source, they won't have bothered checking any of the facts or owt like that, a truly terrible 'media outlet'

edit - polling by YouGov for the People’s Vote campaign, who want another referendum, so not likely to be a unbiased outcome one would think

How is it bullshit reporting if it accurately reports the findings of a poll?

Did the poll include everyone who voted leave.....? I wouldn't have thought so, yet they're reporting this 50/50 split as fact, set in stone...... "We need a peoples vote...." :rolleyes:

A sample of 1,000 has a margin of error of about +-3%. It's a significant difference on the referendum result.

Personally I do hope we get a second referendum.

Did the poll include everyone who voted leave.....? I wouldn't have thought so, yet they're reporting this 50/50 split as fact, set in stone...... "We need a peoples vote...." :rolleyes:
Doesn't need to mate. There will be a margin of error, it will be close to what I've posted above.

I would imagine the Echo have copied this off some other source, they won't have bothered checking any of the facts or owt like that, a truly terrible 'media outlet'

edit - polling by YouGov for the People’s Vote campaign, who want another referendum, so not likely to be a unbiased outcome one would think

Eh? YouGov is an independent, public owned company, why would they jeopardise their reputation and profitability by being biased, to any side, why is that in their interest? Besides, the CEO is an ex-Tory candidate, so if there's any bias it's surety toward the Conservative party?

Foil hat on for Unbalanced Views.

Another poll? I wonder what tomorrow's poll will say, maybe Saturday's will be different, who knows?

Eh? YouGov is an independent, public owned company, why would they jeopardise their reputation and profitability by being biased, to any side, why is that in their interest? Besides, the CEO is an ex-Tory candidate, so if there's any bias it's surety toward the Conservative party?

Foil hat on for Unbalanced Views.

Independent and Public owned, how very odd - Have you actually seen the survey results ? Its not 50/50 its 42/42 with the rest don't knows or can't be arsed - are you really naïve enough to believe a poll commissioned by a leave leaning faction won't say what they have paid for it to say ?

Survey results here - http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/zbgd2452w0/NE final 180822 published.pdf - they asked less than 1000 people, so I don't know how representative that is - its interesting to see that of those voting, 100% would vote the same tomorrow as they did back in 2016 if there was a referendum, so nothing much has changed

Last edited:

YouGov email everyone on their list for a new poll. I get them every day.

So you’re saying YouGov alter results based on who’s paying?

Back