The Sunday Roast Thread

Listened to the hype on Instagram and tried the Woodsmans Arms in Whickham. The place was rammed, no idea why as the food was pretty average, beef was decent but the sides were a disappointment. Service was also poor probably due to the fact it was all carried out by 16/17 year olds.
Gutted to find out that Artisan at the biscuit factory have stopped doing their Sunday lunches.

About to have a late one now, for a change, from my Mar's scullery, Cee Dubb.
Don't bother, usually.

Think there's savoy, green beans, broccoli and whatever else on the veg front.
I'm opting mash; fancy something baby-foody, texturally.

Went to the Foxhole pub in Piercebridge for Sunday dinner today. Bit of a trek but it was fandabbydozey. 2 courses for about 20 quid which is a bit steep nowadays but well worth it as a treat. Ham hock terrine starter for me, prawn cocktail for our lass and then the dinner sharer for main. Comes with beef, pork and chicken on a tray with giant yorkshires, roast tateys and crackling. Veg of mashed swede, green beans, kale, broccoli and probs some other stuff I can't remember. Asked for side of creamy mash but they forgot about it which was fortunate as would have been too much anyway.
Tremendous. Will go again. 9.1/10.

Bill with 2 pints of shandy and a pint of lemonade £51.50.

Slow roasted brisket for Mr & Mrs (no) Coat today.
My own narkie (swede), mashed spuds, carrots and crinkly cabbage from my allotment along with it.
Yorkshire puddings with hot horseradish and lashings of gravy.
Lusheroony 😎

Back