The Sun newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I'll take an actual proper interest in England this summer now there's a manager who's actually likeable. I think he'll introduce more of the younguns and do away with the media darlings like 'JT', 'Lamps and 'Rio'.

Haway Roy :cool:

Couldn't care less tbh.

If Harry got the job, they'd have had some scandal on the front page, every day leading up to the Euros.

If a tongue in cheek dig at his speech is the best they can come up with then fine.

Ha'way Engalnd.

No way would they have a go at 'Arry. They would be in the pub with him down Sandbanks picking the team

I used to have a begrudging respect for the Sun - they have had some absolute stonking puns and headlines in the past but this is possibly the poorest front page i can think of.
After the phone tapping disgrace which they are quite clearly at the centre of, i can't believe people still buy this. What would make you pick this paper up and pay for it with a front page like that. Rubbish.

:lol:

You sure that's real?

Bizarre that the other arm of the Murdoch empire (Sky Sports) is backing Hodgson to the hilt.

The point is that there is a huge difference between a joke at its expense and exploiting it to undermine someone. The Sun are doing the latter.

I'd tend to agree. I've laughed at a couple of the gags I've heard but none of them are meant to undermine him. We're running out of things we can make jokes about these days. As I've lived & worked away from the North East for the last 15 years, if I got upset at every time someone made a joke/comment about how I speak differently (North East Accent) I'd still be in therapy now.

That said, I don't think the Sun are doing it for a bit of jovial banter & clearly have an agenda. As numerous posters have said, don't bother buying the paper

Same peoplee who listen to talksport

Whats so bad about listening to people talk about Football whilst driving? Yes I know they have some idiot's on that station but so what, so does every other broadcaster going but I still watch/listen to it because I love football and hearing what people have to say about it. People who slag off Talksport are pretentious bellend's IMO, get over yourselfs.

Rant over.

I'd tend to agree. I've laughed at a couple of the gags I've heard but none of them are meant to undermine him. We're running out of things we can make jokes about these days. As I've lived & worked away from the North East for the last 15 years, if I got upset at every time someone made a joke/comment about how I speak differently (North East Accent) I'd still be in therapy now.

That said, I don't think the Sun are doing it for a bit of jovial banter & clearly have an agenda. As numerous posters have said, don't bother buying the paper

Absolutely agree. I have a speech impediment myself (stutterer) and I really have no issue with people poking a little fun at it. I'll just pick something about them and have a similarly-spirited go back. As you say, just jovial banter. But that definitely wasn't what the Sun were engaging in with that that headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back