The Sun - Ben Stokes

Of course not, nobody would give a shit.

Much in the same way I could shag a prossie without being tabloid news but Rooney couldn't.

Like it or not if you are in the public eye you are fair game to the tabloids.

If he rips his lass off, or gets caught doing drugs/match fixing etc, it would be everywhere.

This sort of thing is completely wrong but unfortunately the journos/editors at the sun don’t see that line.

That’s why the line needs to be drawn more clearly, just because you are famous doesn’t mean this is justified.

That’s why the line needs to be drawn more clearly, just because you are famous doesn’t mean this is justified.

If a politician puts forward a bill that would define that line in law it would not surprise me if some of the people who are outraged in this thread were posting about it being the end of a free press, I may well agree with them.

If a politician puts forward a bill that would define that line in law it would not surprise me if some of the people who are outraged in this thread were posting about it being the end of a free press, I may well agree with them.

For a start, there’s an illusion in this country that the press is free, it isn’t. It’s up for sale and it will be as long as Murdoch owns papers in this country.

Unfortunately papers like the sun have no moral decency and that line needs to be drawn for them.

A normal person knows it’s crass to write about a family losing people 30 years ago because he’s currently high profile. A normal person also knows that you don’t doorstep someone’s parents and tell them their son has HIV and threaten their son with printing that.

Unfortunately that means further regulation is needed and the papers have no one to blame but themselves.

For a start, there’s an illusion in this country that the press is free, it isn’t. It’s up for sale and it will be as long as Murdoch owns papers in this country.

Unfortunately papers like the sun have no moral decency and that line needs to be drawn for them.

A normal person knows it’s crass to write about a family losing people 30 years ago because he’s currently high profile. A normal person also knows that you don’t doorstep someone’s parents and tell them their son has HIV and threaten their son with printing that.

Unfortunately that means further regulation is needed and the papers have no one to blame but themselves.
Not going to disagree with any of that marra.

Back