The Stack Seaburn

For the Roker Vape Squad to branch out their thuggery operations

The issue is that every area seems to want and need the exact same thing. I don’t disagree that outdoor space in nice but we’ve got x number of mile of promenade to use.
The kids ones that are there are absolutely shit and the one out the back is all sand nobody wants to get covered in sand like

Yep certainly down on the sea front!
Was there talk of it being located in the city centre? Surely would have been a better location?

Are there going to be enclosed areas for use during the winter months?

Yes think the back part of it is enclosed.

Last edited:

The issue is that every area seems to want and need the exact same thing. I don’t disagree that outdoor space in nice but we’ve got x number of mile of promenade to use.

Yep certainly down on the sea front!

Yes think the back part of it is enclosed.

We’ve got loads of green space within a short distance , Roker Park ,Whitburn Park , The Lees , Boldon Flats for just a start
Where did all that Roker Vape Squad stuff start? :lol:

Terrorising people in Roker Park originally when that man was beaten up and then the observation that they were in one day and all vaping - I think it was attempt really to belittle them as a number of them were posting on one of the Facebook sites -my nephew says that call themselves the Roker Riot Squad or similar so the name change was to show them what little pricks they actually are

Last edited:
We’ve got loads of green space within a short distance , Roker Park ,Whitburn Park , The Lees , Boldon Flats for just a start

Exactly. That’s not to say that they can’t or shouldn’t be improved but we also shouldn’t be trying to have lots of the same offer competing with one another.

[
Housing has brought leisure to Seaham. The save Seaburn lot don’t seem to be able to get that into their thick heeds and just go about smearing dog shite on stuff.
I hadn't thought of it that way. You're right it's housing that brought all the new pubs, cafes and restaurants into Seaham. If the pit was still there most of them wouldn't have opened. They needed the new residents with a few quid to make their businesses viable. If Seaham still had the pit it wouldn't have got all the new development and investment.
The new estates are a small commuter town really - ideally placed for A19 access and coast on your doorstep with loads of cafes etc for a weekend stroll.
Seaham itself is now a commuter town. Somewhere cheapish to live but you have to travel for work. I know a lad who lives on the new estate who is self employed. He goes where he gets work so it doesn't matter where he lives and Seaham is ideal for him. With as you say easy access to the A19 to go south or north

Last edited:
Have the people slating it actually been to the one in Newcastle?

I get that there's less footfall but with that a few decent bars along Roker, imo of course, I think it'll do alright, easily enough places for a night out.

Certainly better than having nothing there. I wouldn't worry about the weather either, given the units are versatile. Ie in winter they have more wood fires, different food options etc.
It would prob put half the bars in town out of business there is already too many to fill
And also why should it just be for adults getting pissed alot of people take their kids and dogs down the seafront you would be suprised how busy it is on a Saturday night, Saturday just gone about 7 people were lining up outside minchellas eating fish and chips outside
Was amazed how many people were out down the beach on Sunday mind. Obviously it wasn't heaving but the weather was minging too.

Last edited:
It would be a massive success on that grass where crowtree used to be but can't see it working at Seaburn. No way will enough people support it all year round. Hope I'm wrong like but people south of the river won't bother heading all the way down there every weekend.
Fingers crossed I'm talking shite tho.
We can but hope
Looking forward to this getting going. The one in Newcastle for a drink isn’t my thing but it’s ok for a couple when out in town. Hopefully they’ll get a decent blend of different food places because the place will live or die by that. The shawarma place in the op sounds basic but I suppose some might want that. There’s a great duck wrap place in the Newcastle one and a few canny little shops. If I’m staying veggie I’ll never have a duck wrap again 😫

Next to the entrance...aye it’s topper.

Would like a nice burrito place, juice bar, salad place, coffee shop and gin bar

Last edited:

Back