The Spirit of 37 | Flag renewal campaign

If done properly the club wouldn't know about it...
I guess they would notice it but when it was unfurled though and not be to happy.

Personally I don't think the group should even consider it as it would deflect away from all the brilliant work being done with the historic stuff. Bit that's just my personal opinion

I guess they would notice it but when it was unfurled though and not be to happy.

Personally I don't think the group should even consider it as it would deflect away from all the brilliant work being done with the historic stuff. Bit that's just my personal opinion

The club aren't happy with anything the group do 😂

Can't use card because they could kill someone

Can't use a cutting implement to create banners (in an empty stadium) because they could kill someone

Couldn't place banners in the East Stand because they weren't told 4 weeks in advance.

Can't put two poles in the North Stand because the BCB folk would kick off (opinion based on nowt).

Meanwhile that lot up the road just do what they want...

The club aren't happy with anything the group do 😂

Can't use card because they could kill someone

Can't use a cutting implement to create banners (in an empty stadium) because they could kill someone

Couldn't place banners in the East Stand because they weren't told 4 weeks in advance.

Can't put two poles in the North Stand because the BCB folk would kick off (opinion based on nowt).

Meanwhile that lot up the road just do what they want...
Like I said, it's just my personal opinion that the group should be using funds for promoting the club and history as opposed to commenting on the mags owners

Obviously there is a heavy emphasis on goalscorers against the Mags. For me, Rowell in the blue away kit taking a pen at St.James's for his hat trick. The photo is easily accessible on the net. He was a Sunderland fan through and through.
Hey maybe out of the box but someone who was at that match, them shaking keys and the noise of them leaving seated bums for reality...us in the Leazes end terrace, like sardines that had to fight to get feet on the ground...well what comes around, good luck on them for a final

Just a suggestion on a few that could be used for more recent players:

Amad Diallo

Anthony Patterson

Players Celebrating

Dan Neil / Luke O’Nien
The Patterson one and Neil/O'Nien ones are good. Obv Patto and Neil are from here and I think O'Nien has done enough to warrant one.
Amad will be gone in the summer so that one is pointless imo.
The Patterson one and Neil/O'Nien ones are good. Obv Patto and Neil are from here and I think O'Nien has done enough to warrant one.
Amad will be gone in the summer so that one is pointless imo.
That being said, if Amad for whatever reason does stay... that photo on a flag would be unreal.

Last edited:
Do t think we should have current players as they move on quickly these days. The Monty/stokoe one is class though
Monty, everytime he gave us in the Fulwell a wave,...Stokoe many memories, he was short lived though I remember our relegation, Jimmy, that he chats with Pattinson, means a lot to me.

I have to say lads, @DonaldDownTheWing and the others, I genuinely do feel for you. Some of the stuff I've seen on twitter is absolutely shite. People critcising choices for the flags... absolutely nothing wrong with flags for current players if anything it should inspire them to play even better and shows our gratitude to some of our current crop. I love the idea. People criticising I can guarantee won't even have donated, proper pisses me off. If you didn't donate last time and you're questioning "where the money went?" then do your research, stop bitching and mind your own. It was taken care of.
These lads put in a hell of a lot of time and effort to improve the look and feel of the SOL and guess what? They don't take a penny for their time. They have families and lives and do this off their own back. We're lucky they're even doing it.

I for one think the work you lads do is brilliant and will be donating when and where I can to help. We constantly go on about how good our fans are but christ, there is a small minority of whinging little bitches over on twitter who criticise any little thing and can't wait for something to go tits up. It was the same with the fan march and that turned out brilliantly also. Keep up the good work!

I have to say lads, @DonaldDownTheWing and the others, I genuinely do feel for you. Some of the stuff I've seen on twitter is absolutely shite. People critcising choices for the flags... absolutely nothing wrong with flags for current players if anything it should inspire them to play even better and shows our gratitude to some of our current crop. I love the idea. People criticising I can guarantee won't even have donated, proper pisses me off. If you didn't donate last time and you're questioning "where the money went?" then do your research, stop bitching and mind your own. It was taken care of.
These lads put in a hell of a lot of time and effort to improve the look and feel of the SOL and guess what? They don't take a penny for their time. They have families and lives and do this off their own back. We're lucky they're even doing it.

I for one think the work you lads do is brilliant and will be donating when and where I can to help. We constantly go on about how good our fans are but christ, there is a small minority of whinging little bitches over on twitter who criticise any little thing and can't wait for something to go tits up. It was the same with the fan march and that turned out brilliantly also. Keep up the good work!

Twitter is an absolute cesspit these days. There was a time where it was the sensible social media for reasoned debate but now all the edgy kids are on there it’s gone downhill.

It used to bother us but we don’t even care now. The fact people still hand over their money shows they like what we’re doing. If the money stops, we know we need to wrap in.

Cheers for the support mate.

There's one in particular who always comments and is known for his deliberately provocative content. He's now called me out on his tweet personally despite me not saying a thing 😂

I'd be lying if I said it hasn't gotten to me personally in the past (the general negativity) but @DonaldDownTheWing and the others have put me right and got me just ignoring the miserable berks.

The one that got me this week was people bringing the group members' integrity into question by implying that funds have been taken for personal gain. At first I was raging and was going to call them out from my personal account... But again, the voices of reason talked me down and pointed out that its the usual suspects etc.

Cheers for the support mate.

There's one in particular who always comments and is known for his deliberately provocative content. He's now called me out on his tweet personally despite me not saying a thing 😂

I'd be lying if I said it hasn't gotten to me personally in the past (the general negativity) but @DonaldDownTheWing and the others have put me right and got me just ignoring the miserable berks.

The one that got me this week was people bringing the group members' integrity into question by implying that funds have been taken for personal gain. At first I was raging and was going to call them out from my personal account... But again, the voices of reason talked me down and pointed out that its the usual suspects etc.
It's just ridiculous. Why would any SAFC fans set up a group with the intention of fleecing fellow SAFC fans? I can assure you the work you lads are doing is fully appreciated by the vast vast majority. A few idiots won't spoil it for everyone.

It's just ridiculous. Why would any SAFC fans set up a group with the intention of fleecing fellow SAFC fans? I can assure you the work you lads are doing is fully appreciated by the vast vast majority. A few idiots won't spoil it for everyone.
Indeed. Some just love to take shots at anyone sticking their head above the parapet.

Cheers marra 👍

Back