The Spirit of 37 | Flag renewal campaign

I watched The FA Cup since I was a little 'un... a long long time ago. I used to dream about Palace getting to the final, we came close in '76 but I always thought we'd never do it in my lifetime.
Well we did twice and lost twice to the same scumbags.

I digress though, I will always remember your final beating horrible Leeds and that save by Jim Montgomery.
And then Bob Stokoe running across the pitch.

Happy days.

I find it odd, disappointing and a little surprising how easily the organisers dismiss the idea of commenting on the ownership up the road

Do we not have a responsibility? Regardless of rivalry...Regardless that they got to a final

Are we '...good men who do nothing'?

or are we good men of conscience?

I find it odd, disappointing and a little surprising how easily the organisers dismiss the idea of commenting on the ownership up the road

Do we not have a responsibility? Regardless of rivalry...Regardless that they got to a final

Would the club allow it/would the EFL allow it?

I'd rather wait until we play them if there's going to be any banners etc. regarding their ownership.

The club and EFL wouldn't allow it. The group would get into possibly get into bother and attract unnecessary attention.

The flags should be celebrating our club not commenting on others

The club and EFL wouldn't allow it. The group would get into possibly get into bother and attract unnecessary attention.

The flags should be celebrating our club not commenting on others
proposal could still be made ...doubtless knocked back and the same questions asked of the club and their response made known. If nothing else it keeps the issue front and centre otherwise it just fades away and becomes an accepted norm, which is exactly what they are hoping for 🤷‍♂️

Better to try and fail than do nothing surely

proposal could still be made ...doubtless knocked back and the same questions asked of the club and their response made known. If nothing else it keeps the issue front and centre otherwise it just fades away and becomes an accepted norm, which is exactly what they are hoping for 🤷‍♂️

Better to try and fail than do nothing surely
Its a fans flags group aimed at helping the atmosphere in the ground, not about making political statements

i get that but i go back to responsibility....maybe not the main surfer but something and i think its moral rather than political
And again it's a group of 4 lads trying to get a better atmosphere at the ground with touches to our history and about the club.

Making banners and flags about the ownership up the road would undo so much of their hard work. The club certainly wouldn't allow it and the group shouldn't even suggest it to them, let alone announce what the club say.

And you called my posts on deadline night !

Where were we when Manchester City went through the same thing?

Save it for when we play them imo, or at least make it a small part of a bigger display.

And again it's a group of 4 lads trying to get a better atmosphere at the ground with touches to our history and about the club.

Making banners and flags about the ownership up the road would undo so much of their hard work. The club certainly wouldn't allow it and the group shouldn't even suggest it to them, let alone announce what the club say.

And you called my posts on deadline night !
aye i did and id like to think youve rowed back on some of them by now but i dont follow you around. Do you not think that the football family for want of a better phrase should be up in arms about the ownership? As you say it will be knocked back but that shouldnt mean they at least suggest it
at least make it a small part of a bigger display.
all for this

aye i did and id like to think youve rowed back on some of them by now but i dont follow you around. Do you not think that the football family for want of a better phrase should be up in arms about the ownership? As you say it will be knocked back but that shouldnt mean they at least suggest it
Again for the 3rd time it's a fans lead group trying to get the atmosphere going with flags related to SAFC and our heritage.

It is not the group to be suggesting or putting banners up about the mags owners

Back