the south shields owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good question fella.
I'm not sure if you've actually been to the Academy but the old training ground is still part of the new AOL. There's still pitches where they used to be even though the entrance is further up the road and the facilities have been extended. The old players/staff entrance was close to the crossroads on Moor Lane and that entrance is still used for a car park. Of course our entrance was the wooden fence behind the bus stop on Sunderland Road!!:)
It would be a similar argument. The old pitches were even closer to Cleadon/South Shields, but fell outside the borders of the village. The land itself was controlled by South Shields Town Hall.

There's a proper town ordnance sign that says CLEADON at the village boundary, which is the fence along the first farm fields. That farmland is not part of the village, its ratable to South Shields Town Hall as separate farmland. It isn't part of the village and that's why it can't be built on. That's why there was such a big fuss about the AOL and planning permission, but i thought you'd remember all of that.
I used the fence on Whitburn end of Moor Lane, but have to disagree as when I used to go there Whitburn and Cleadon were part of Boldon Urban District Council

I used the fence on Whitburn end of Moor Lane, but have to disagree as when I used to go there Whitburn and Cleadon were part of Boldon Urban District Council
We felt there was better cover from the trees behind the bus stop, plus there was the odd loose plank there too which sometimes made things easier. It was probably the only place in a 30 mile radius you could play football with nets!:)
You must've gone over near where the players went in then?

Not sure about the Boldon part, possibly when it was County Durham?? As i said though, that particular belt of land has been considered different to the village before and i believe it still is. There's very strict planning rules on it, far different from the village.

I can't remember :(
Then I can neither agree or disagree

We felt there was better cover from the trees behind the bus stop, plus there was the odd loose plank there too which sometimes made things easier. It was probably the only place in a 30 mile radius you could play football with nets!:)
You must've gone over near where the players went in then?

Not sure about the Boldon part, possibly when it was County Durham?? As i said though, that particular belt of land has been considered different to the village before and i believe it still is. There's very strict planning rules on it, far different from the village.
It was Co Durham and I always thought the training ground was part of Whitburn but maybe as you got past West Hall it was Sunderland, but never was Cleadon or Shields.

I can't believe I've spent a shit load of time reading this.

The AOL is in Cleadon, South Tyneside. It is not in South Shields, South Tyneside.

The first road sign from Sunderland to the AOL reads, Cleadon followed by a welcome to South Tyneside.

The first road signs marked South Shields are on Prince Edward Road, just after the roundabout after King George School or on Sunderland Road just before the junction of Carnoustie Drive.

Therefore the AOL is not in South Shields, the address is

Sunderland Road
Cleadon
SR6 7UN

You utter mentalist.

I can't believe I've spent a shit load of time reading this.

The AOL is in Cleadon, South Tyneside. It is not in South Shields, South Tyneside.

The first road sign from Sunderland to the AOL reads, Cleadon followed by a welcome to South Tyneside.

The first road signs marked South Shields are on Prince Edward Road, just after the roundabout after King George School or on Sunderland Road just before the junction of Carnoustie Drive.

Therefore the AOL is not in South Shields, the address is

Sunderland Road
Cleadon
SR6 7UN

You utter mentalist.
:). Rattled!!

I noticed a mod had locked another Shields thread that popped up? What's the crack with that? It's PURE FOOTBALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back