the south shields owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not confusing anything. I look at a great big f*cking sign saying "SOUTH TYNESIDE" and another saying "SOUTH SHIELDS" which is very close to the AOL regardless of your stance on the village.
The boundary for Cleadon Village is the village itself, and its clearly f*cking marked and signposted. Not all parts of a borough or area are enclosed by one single boundary. Cleadon Village stops before the AOL land. That strip is controlled by South Shields Town Hall.

Oh, and for your information Oakleigh Gardens isn't really a business, it's a school which comes under the South Shields jurisdiction. I can't answer for what google have as their address but everyone in that area would normally put Cleadon, Tyne and Wear and the postcode. You're probably aware, as others have pointed out previously though, that postcodes have nothing to do with the borough, its simply the easiest route for mail collections which was decided years ago. It could well be that the village mail is done by a different sorting office now anyway but its carried out internally.

The AOL isn't in Sunderland. Cleadon Village isn't in Sunderland.
The AOL and its land are controlled by South Shields Town Hall. Cleadon Village is controlled by South Shields Town Hall.

Thanks for your advice though. I'll be driving through that way today, as i often do, so i'll make sure ive got a full tank of petrol and plenty of warm clothes when i'm crossing the land from the village to the AOL. Ive heard its quite inhospitable and lonely this time of year.

There's a big f***ing brick sign that says CLEADON just before the AOL. It doesn't say South Shields.

So when the old training ground on Moor Lane was on the go was it in Whitburn, Cleadon or Sunderland?
Good question fella.
I'm not sure if you've actually been to the Academy but the old training ground is still part of the new AOL. There's still pitches where they used to be even though the entrance is further up the road and the facilities have been extended. The old players/staff entrance was close to the crossroads on Moor Lane and that entrance is still used for a car park. Of course our entrance was the wooden fence behind the bus stop on Sunderland Road!!:)
It would be a similar argument. The old pitches were even closer to Cleadon/South Shields, but fell outside the borders of the village. The land itself was controlled by South Shields Town Hall.

There's a big f***ing brick sign that says CLEADON just before the AOL. It doesn't say South Shields.
There's a proper town ordnance sign that says CLEADON at the village boundary, which is the fence along the first farm fields. That farmland is not part of the village, its ratable to South Shields Town Hall as separate farmland. It isn't part of the village and that's why it can't be built on. That's why there was such a big fuss about the AOL and planning permission, but i thought you'd remember all of that.

Last edited:
Good question fella.
I'm not sure if you've actually been to the Academy but the old training ground is still part of the new AOL. There's still pitches where they used to be even though the entrance is further up the road and the facilities have been extended. The old players/staff entrance was close to the crossroads on Moor Lane and that entrance is still used for a car park. Of course our entrance was the wooden fence behind the bus stop on Sunderland Road!!:)
It would be a similar argument. The old pitches were even closer to Cleadon/South Shields, but fell outside the borders of the village. The land itself was controlled by South Shields Town Hall.

There's a proper town ordnance sign that says CLEADON at the village boundary, which is the fence along the first farm fields. That farmland is not part of the village, its ratable to South Shields Town Hall as separate farmland. It isn't part of the village and that's why it can't be built on. That's why there was such a big fuss about the AOL and planning permission, but i thought you'd remember all of that.

THE AOL IS NOT IN SOUTH SHIELDS MAN YOU COMPLETE MADHEAD.

THE AOL IS NOT IN SOUTH SHIELDS MAN YOU COMPLETE MADHEAD.
It's on land controlled by South Shields Council. It isn't Sunderland and it isn't classed as the village either.
It's a belt of land controlled and ratable to South Shields Town Hall. Surely you remember all of the planning permission issues, we've trained there since the f*cking 1960's!

It's on land controlled by South Shields Council. It isn't Sunderland and it isn't classed as the village either.
It's a belt of land controlled and ratable to South Shields Town Hall. Surely you remember all of the planning permission issues, we've trained there since the f*cking 1960's!
Nee such thing as South Shields council!

So the one near the AoL is fake? Interesting.

So the one near the AoL is fake? Interesting.
Doesn't come under the regulations for signposts etc. The official one is exactly where it should be, at the first farm fence of the village boundary.

Which is why the AOL is in Cleadon, South Tyneside and not Shields.....
Not in Cleadon Village i'm afraid, the boundary is the first farm fence, exactly where the official ordnance sign is.
That belt of land comes under a different category.

So it's fake. Hmm.
Just a stone with cleadon written on it, i wouldn't be surprised if the villagers paid for it themselves although it doesn't specify village so it could mean Cleadon in the generic sense as mentioned earlier.

Anyway, ive got some stuff to sort out today, i might be over that way too. I'll keep my MAGIC EYE peeled and report back.

The Nook is not in Cleadon ffs.
Nobody says it is.
Which nook by the way, Harton Nook(from the police station up to the shops side of Prince Edward Road) or Cleadon Nook(from the houses side of Prince Edward Road up to Quarry Lane)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back