The Sopranos

Junior in the bit from 1:18 to 1:40 gets me every time 😂, I never really liked his character 1st time round but him and Silvio are probably my favourites now.

Best episode of any tv show ever that mind. Think I’m due my annual Soprano’s binge soon.
Pine Barrens (2001)

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the fuck outta here.

Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's some kind of Russian green beret. This guy can not come back to tell this story. You understand?

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.

[the telephone connection is lost - Tony swears, and Paulie hangs up]

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: [turning to Christopher] You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.

Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.

Pine Barrens (2001)

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the fuck outta here.

Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's some kind of Russian green beret. This guy can not come back to tell this story. You understand?

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.

[the telephone connection is lost - Tony swears, and Paulie hangs up]

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: [turning to Christopher] You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.

Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.

Tremendous bit of screen writing like 😂😂

"Last time I take a fuckin limo in Paris"
"Like you were ever in Paris, Paulie"
"I went over for a blowjob. Your mother was working the bon-bon concession at the Eiffel Tower"

David Chase confirmed Tony dies

I'm surprised he's sort of given up on holding it back, he seems a pretty contrarian bloke, kind if person to screw with people because he can

I'm not surprised he dies but honestly I don't think it needed confirming or that it even mattered.

All that matters is Tony got his shot at redemption in Season 6 and he fairly quickly chucks it. After that from my perspective it dosent actually matter when he dies- he dies unrepentant and a cancer on the lives of everyone he pulls into his own, the people closest and most loyal to him have all ended up mangled by association

In some ways an execution in his prime feels kinder. Burns out on top rather than fades away, it's probably what he would have chosen. Very self centred way to go. Watching his daughter get treated like he treated his own wife, or watching AJ live a life of perennial emasculation would have been far harder.

Last edited:
Been binging this while I've been working away, mid way through series 4 and its fantastic, can't believe I've waited so long to watch it

Back