The Sopranos

I'm rewatching it just now. Astounding, really. In hindsight I don't think anything has come close since for the level of quality and craft on display in every episode. Theres other shows which are great, with a good rhythm and great high points etc, but the writing and acting in every episode is top level in the Sopranos. No weak spots, no filler.

Also since I first watched it ten years ago when I was in my early 20's I've seen way more fucked up stuff in my life and that of other people which makes its profund bits even more profound and horrible bits more horrible. I'm not sure you can really "get it" without a lot of life experience, be it yours or other peoples.

Just finished season 3 which I think has probably the nastiest things I've ever seen on tv in them, with Melfi's ordeal and Ralphies assault, they are both absolutely horrifying to experience. Also I didnt understand what was happening in the finale when I saw Jr singing first time round but I get that its about the hypocrisy and meadow being the right now and fuck me its clever

I'm rewatching it just now. Astounding, really. In hindsight I don't think anything has come close since for the level of quality and craft on display in every episode. Theres other shows which are great, with a good rhythm and great high points etc, but the writing and acting in every episode is top level in the Sopranos. No weak spots, no filler.

Also since I first watched it ten years ago when I was in my early 20's I've seen way more fucked up stuff in my life and that of other people which makes its profund bits even more profound and horrible bits more horrible. I'm not sure you can really "get it" without a lot of life experience, be it yours or other peoples.

Just finished season 3 which I think has probably the nastiest things I've ever seen on tv in them, with Melfi's ordeal and Ralphies assault, they are both absolutely horrifying to experience. Also I didnt understand what was happening in the finale when I saw Jr singing first time round but I get that its about the hypocrisy and meadow being the right now and fuck me its clever
Kevin Finnerty?

Sky Atlantic show it on a loop so the very last episode was on last week/weekend and they start it from the beginning again.
I find I just stick it on whenever I see it on, just class viewing.
Been rewarding it and then listening to Talking Sopranos when I can. Just utterly amazing television.

James Gandolfini is such a awful loss.
Same, onto episode 7 with AJ as the guest

Is that a mob fillum?

I know there are elements of organised crime in the fillum but I wouldn’t put it in the mob category.
Fair one mate but I’ve always classed it as one as they were from Hells Kitchen. I like it as it’s classed as a true story same as Goodfellas.

Back