The Sopranos

I don’t like this theory. Reason being is that every time the restaurant door bell rings and someone enters, the camera cuts to Tony looking up, and then cuts to his POV looking directly at the door. It does this several times even for strangers, even before Carmella etc enter the restaurant.

When Meadow enters the restaurant however, you hear the doorbell, it cuts to Tony, but then goes black when it’s supposed to cut to his POV, meaning to me that’s when he’s shot.
Hmmm. I’ve never thought of it like that. Makes sense.

You sound very much like those who convinced themselves that it was a good ending because you couldn't face the alternative.
You seem a bit dense, in that case. I'll explain: As Tony's the boss, he spends his entire life in precisely the same situation - potentially getting whacked at any minute. David Chase builds the suspense so that the audience is on the edge, expecting some kind of eruption of violence at any minute but Tony and his family are relaxed, it's just another day for them. That's the beauty of the whole show and it's whole premise - it's the everyday things that are of real interest.
There's no morality either way - it just is what it is - so Tony doesn't need to find redemption or retribution, he just goes about his day.
It's a perfect ending and exactly the opposite of 99.9% stupid as fuck endings like Breaking Bad and even The Shield.

You seem a bit dense, in that case. I'll explain: As Tony's the boss, he spends his entire life in precisely the same situation - potentially getting whacked at any minute. David Chase builds the suspense so that the audience is on the edge, expecting some kind of eruption of violence at any minute but Tony and his family are relaxed, it's just another day for them. That's the beauty of the whole show and it's whole premise - it's the everyday things that are of real interest.
There's no morality either way - it just is what it is - so Tony doesn't need to find redemption or retribution, he just goes about his day.
It's a perfect ending and exactly the opposite of 99.9% stupid as fuck endings like Breaking Bad and even The Shield.
Yup, you made up your own ending. Just what the writers wanted.

I couldn't get past the 1st episode for some reason. I think it deserves a 2nd attempt given it's worldwide popularity.

Still, it's nee The Wire like.

Loved the Sopranos, the wire too, but I think the best thing I’ve watched like these is Underbelly, with it being based on a true story it might spoil it a little if you know about it, luckily I didn’t know too much about it.

Loved the Sopranos, the wire too, but I think the best thing I’ve watched like these is Underbelly, with it being based on a true story it might spoil it a little if you know about it, luckily I didn’t know too much about it.
The first one's great but they go downhill quick after that. Couldn't watch the one set in the 1920s, it was horrible. Started watching the recent reboot with Chopper in it, but the bloke playing Chopper was a very, very, very poor imitation of Eric Banna.

Never got past the 1st ep of the wire. Couldn't understand WTF they were saying! Sopranos is class but disappointed by the ending.
I had to watch the majority of the first series with subtitles to ensure I didn’t miss anything.

As a comparison, it isn’t fit to lace The Sopranos boots. Ok watch though. Couple of idiotic seasons though.

I had to watch the majority of the first series with subtitles to ensure I didn’t miss anything.

As a comparison, it isn’t fit to lace The Sopranos boots. Ok watch though. Couple of idiotic seasons though.
Find as I'm getting older has less patience for stuff. If not watchable within a few eps I'll give up. Getting to be a right misrable auld cnt me like.

I'm still annoyed by the ending of The Shield. What a pile of absolute wank. Contradicted everything the character was about.

Back