The sol improvements

as i offered before, If they match my current wage i will re-locate the family back home and spend 12h a day, 5 days a week cleaning the whole thing, quite happily.

never got a reply from SD, I guess i was too expensive for him (im not)

Erm no it's not, it's a myth

The human brain cannot perform two tasks that require high level brain function at once

So let's just concentrate on getting promoted

A business can multi-task where there is more than one person involved. There's absolutely no reason why work can't happen simultaneously on ground improvements, academy improvements and first team improvements.

A business can multi-task where there is more than one person involved. There's absolutely no reason why work can't happen simultaneously on ground improvements, academy improvements and first team improvements.

I wonder if they are going to execute the planning they have for putting the club shop in black cat house, think that application is still current....although that was SDs idea

I wonder if they are going to execute the planning they have for putting the club shop in black cat house, think that application is still current....although that was SDs idea

We shall see. It's undeniable that the current location is just wrong. I'd also like to see the return of a shop in the city. The three most important factors in retail are location, location and location. For anything other than matchday sales, the club shop is in the wrong place.

Agree, the argument that we shouldn't improve the stadium because the team also needs to improve is a strange one. These are completely separate parts of the business and if the owner is willing to invest in the stadium then it's a very good sign of his intentions.

Yes, If the people organising it, could be concentrating on improving things at the academy instead. Getting better catering in for the players, fixing any broken gym equipment, implementing better sports science and data analysis all for the sake of making some ground improvements that no one is going to see.
That’s why you put a team of people together to manage different elements. The director of football is going to oversee the majority of that with his team. I imagine someone else would look after the upkeep of the stadium.

We shall see. It's undeniable that the current location is just wrong. I'd also like to see the return of a shop in the city. The three most important factors in retail are location, location and location. For anything other than matchday sales, the club shop is in the wrong place.

its in the wrong place for a match day as well!! The whole SOL is the wrong way round... but thats a whole different story

A full stadium is all I care about. To achieve that, the team just need to start winning. Forget the rest for now.

In the long term I would like us to look at the lower bowl. It’s not very pleasant when you are sandwiched in a concrete box and can’t get served at the bar. Not sure what the solution is but it wasn’t very well planned out. Need more space. I think that plays a part in why people leave for half time and full time early...to “beat the rush”

This....at the time 1997 it was of course far better than we were used to but very quickly became a major issue. The access to concourse and toilets at half time is ridiculous, you don’t bother. Getting out at the end is a pain for many but the habit of leaving early for me became inbred in the torture of failure fans endured season after season, who having done their duty and attended were not prepared to endure further frustration.

This....at the time 1997 it was of course far better than we were used to but very quickly became a major issue. The access to concourse and toilets at half time is ridiculous, you don’t bother. Getting out at the end is a pain for many but the habit of leaving early for me became inbred in the torture of failure fans endured season after season, who having done their duty and attended were not prepared to endure further frustration.

Cant we just take out all the temporary pigeon shit covered seats in the east and south stand and turn that area into bogs/bars/boxes?

I'm not sure how practical this would be to do at the SoL, but I've always thought there should be a perimeter before you go into the stadium itself, and the turnstiles should be at this extra perimeter rather than the stadium. Then inside that perimeter you could have seating, food and drink kiosks, etc. So basically making the areas outside the stadium a big fan zone, and putting the turnstiles at the entry to the fan zone. Probably not very appealing in the north east winter, but at least some of it could be covered/indoors. Would surely help to get people into the ground earlier and more staggered (so smaller queues), and spending money inside.

I’ve thought this for years. Permanent canopies could be built over and around kiosks. It’s a no brainier to me

Shame about them renewing for another 5 years with Molson Coors (after saying they wouldn’t and saying this would be one of the easiest things to sort out) as it means pints of pisswater and scolding hot pies for another 5 years served by acne ridden halfwits. Basically ruining any chance of improvements on the concourses for the foreseeable.
Vaux would have been a decent one, their output would probably at least double and they do quite a wide range of beer/lager I think to cover most bases. I used to drink bulmers in the ground mind because it least it wasn’t delivered by one of those pipes into a plastic cup.

Back