The sol improvements

It’s a shame that the facilities in the West Stand, black cats bar etc, can’t be replicated throughout the ground, with the same type of thing on the concourse.

Since I moved over here I’ve been astonished at the differences between stadiums here and the UK

This is Houston’s

Logon or register to see this image

To be fair their modern stadiums often feel more like food courts / malls with sports fields inside them. Minute Maid Park has a Papa John’s in it!

That being said, if they could replicate the beer dished out by St Arnold’s at MMP, the half time refreshments would be greatly improved at the SOL.
I went to Fenway Park in Boston a few years back whilst on honeymoon, just got cheap seats in the bleachers as I wasn't convinced the wife would sit out the entire game, but even the concourses there, the oldest ground in the MLB, were lightyears ahead of the SoL both in size/space and bars.

As has been suggested, if they could redbuild the outer walls/gates back to make more room that would be ideal. The "fanzone" was a good idea in principle, but poorly implemented. Make that a more permanent area, wall it off etc. Maybe even build a "Club Bar" or something. Could keep this open for halftime and even after the game, drinks offers at the bar, bands on, at least try to extend the matchday experience and give people a reason to stay and spend money on site.

Fenway Franks :cool:

Last edited:

It need a good clean. Inside and out. The roof is minging.

Apart from that not much. I'm only there 2 hours every other week. I'd rather invest in the team

Fans back in is all I care about. Get a decent side playing in it each week and you'll not hear the speaker system anyway for the noise.

To me though all that shit about paint etc can wait until preseason, just concentrate entirely on anything that can get us out of this division this season.
If someone’s painting inside the ground during the week is it going to distract Johnson and the players enough to derail our promotion push do you think?

If someone’s painting inside the ground during the week is it going to distract Johnson and the players enough to derail our promotion push do you think?
Yes, If the people organising it, could be concentrating on improving things at the academy instead. Getting better catering in for the players, fixing any broken gym equipment, implementing better sports science and data analysis all for the sake of making some ground improvements that no one is going to see.

I mean I’m not expecting us to start brewing our own DIPA dry hopped in old pairs of Niall Quinn’s disco pants and filtered through Charlie Hurleys away socks but just maybe trying something modern or new (as we were promised by the Con) would have been nice.
Not sure if they had anything to do with it but once the fan zone moved into the foundation of light they started selling the vaux stuff. They could maybe try and get some of that into the stadium.

It’s a strange that the majority of people just would never attempt to get a pie or drink at half time as they know you’ll never get one

just A wrong concept that. Should be something than happens in under a minute

There doesn't seem to be any recent submissions of an application for the academy so it's probably just maintenance,hopefully it will be the same at the Sol, even tho im sure I remember the previous chairman taking a £10m 'investment' to fix the stadium

First thing I checked and there's no planning applications for the AOL

Yes, If the people organising it, could be concentrating on improving things at the academy instead. Getting better catering in for the players, fixing any broken gym equipment, implementing better sports science and data analysis all for the sake of making some ground improvements that no one is going to see.

Multitasking is a real thing.
First thing I checked and there's no planning applications for the AOL

Only new structures would need it. Renovations wouldn't, as it's not a listed building.

Last edited:

Back