The sol improvements

Those "acne ridden halfwits" are just trying to do a thankless task of a job, serving pissed up football fans for shit wages. A job that you would turn probably your nose up at so give them a break.

Do you look down on cleaners and road sweepers too?
To be fair, some of the staff are not doing a job.

I remember many encounters. One, where the lad didn't speak a word of English and I had to point to what I wanted and then make a grabbing sign when his hand was over the right stuff. Was like some human fairground game.

Multiple times when I've had to point out that what I ordered didn't come to the random figure they've managed to get the till to display. Two pints and a bag of crips should be easy enough to figure out that it isn't £23.41. This is normally followed by a random amount of change.

Another time, whilst in a big crush of a queue, a well-spoken lady in front of me asked for "Two teas, one with sugar, one coffee with milk and two portions of fries". The reply was "got neee chips" and then he turned and served the next bloke.

Another, when they had Nachos for sale, so I dared to buy some. They handed me some with unmelted cheese, so I asked if I could have the ones which had melted cheese, but they said that particular container was just for display purposes. They then took mine and returned about ten minutes later and passed me this molten lump of congealed cheese and now soggy nachos which had clearly been industrially microwaved on full power for the entire ten minutes.

My mate’s Dad, who’s a scaffy, reckons they’re currently doing the WiFi over the stadium.
Good for checking your coupon.
Bad for our kids being on their phones.
Just switch your 4g off and use 3g, much better in crowds.
  • Change the run out music, ASAP, to Republica following Dance of the Knights.
They do that at Bayern Munich, it's quite good, although the Bayern ground is miles from the city.

Why? I don't get digging up history and looking backwards.

Last edited:
I think KLD is probably the only club owner around born after the internet was truly up n running. He’s grown up expecting innovation to be the norm. I think safc will be early adopters from now on. Championship/Football manager also existed before he was born anarl...... ;)
this forum is older than the club owner ( in various formats)

Those "acne ridden halfwits" are just trying to do a thankless task of a job, serving pissed up football fans for shit wages. A job that you would turn probably your nose up at so give them a break.

Do you look down on cleaners and road sweepers too?

Struck a bit of a nerve that one?

I don’t look down on anyone by the way but if people do a poor job you are entitled to say so. It comes from first of all not being trained properly, not having a quality product to sell or a quality place to sell it from and that ultimately comes from the decision makers. Even at League 1 grounds the service (and beer) is miles better than at the SoL and people need to take responsibility for that. Places like Accrington make our service look disgusting. For whats still a modern stadium the opportunity was there to do something different from this season (or with COVID whenever it reopens) and the owners chose not to. If you are happy with what served up and by whom then I dare say it’s not unreasonable to suggest you are in the minority.

I also remember the days you could have a bit crack on here without faux rage as well. Whatever makes you feel good I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame about them renewing for another 5 years with Molson Coors (after saying they wouldn’t and saying this would be one of the easiest things to sort out) as it means pints of pisswater and scolding hot pies for another 5 years served by acne ridden halfwits. Basically ruining any chance of improvements on the concourses for the foreseeable.

sounds like you're not entirely enamoured by the experience :lol:

I mean I’m not expecting us to start brewing our own DIPA dry hopped in old pairs of Niall Quinn’s disco pants and filtered through Charlie Hurleys away socks but just maybe trying something modern or new (as we were promised by the Con) would have been nice.

it would most certainly be a statement from our new owner,if these kind of things are on the agenda

When and why did they get rid of the legends bars ? Seems an odd decision as I don’t see an upside to it.

I wonder if the deal with coors precludes they from also having a deal with local vendors? It is a real shame if so.

Rebuild roker park ... You can enjoy going to footy again.. But that won't happen... So glad I can go to fratton even with a reduced capacity.. Most of all ... Give us back our ... TERRACES.... ..

Back