The sol improvements

Shame about them renewing for another 5 years with Molson Coors (after saying they wouldn’t and saying this would be one of the easiest things to sort out) as it means pints of pisswater and scolding hot pies for another 5 years served by acne ridden halfwits. Basically ruining any chance of improvements on the concourses for the foreseeable.

Its shite but there’s not many stadiums where it isn’t shite.

[*]Change the run out music, ASAP, to Republica following Dance of the Knights.

We have to play the bullshit the EFL and Premier League want us to as players walk out so we don't need Republica out Z cars etc. It just needs to be Dance of the Knights in the build up and that's it. Players are already out and on the pitch by the time the 'run out' music is played nowadays so I always find it to be a bit pointless

A full stadium is all I care about. To achieve that, the team just need to start winning. Forget the rest for now.

In the long term I would like us to look at the lower bowl. It’s not very pleasant when you are sandwiched in a concrete box and can’t get served at the bar. Not sure what the solution is but it wasn’t very well planned out. Need more space. I think that plays a part in why people leave for half time and full time early...to “beat the rush”
Break out onto the pathway outside where possible by building red brick “boxes“ that hold the food n drink serving places so that where they currently are becomes usable space? The name bricks get used on the new exterior box walls.

I’d also break out similarly in a few places and put exterior smoking cages for the unhealthy. Stick a load of health n fitness posters up in the vicinity. Sign write on the lintels above the cage entrances: “Stop killing yourself. we need all the fans we can get“ or “ Stop killing yourself. Kyrilles here. We’ve something to live for now” or “Stop killing yourself. Wykes found the where the net is now. It’s all good from now on” etc.

You're back!! :cool:

IN reply to your post, I think it's a balance. Give the players something to make them take pride more, little things like a clean up will affect mentality, not massively, but a bit.

I thought the footie had done that tbh
I was never too far away, marra ;)

There's definitely some quick wins to be had. I remember thinking they could do with getting the place jet washed a few year ago like you said. I'm just hoping tarting the place up isn't used as a distraction from what the important job is, getting us out of this shite league. It's looking like a good start though. If we start showing ambition and professionalism then players will want to come and play for us.

We have to play the bullshit the EFL and Premier League want us to as players walk out so we don't need Republica out Z cars etc. It just needs to be Dance of the Knights in the build up and that's it. Players are already out and on the pitch by the time the 'run out' music is played nowadays so I always find it to be a bit pointless
We run out to 'Invaders must die' after every HT.

I'm not sure how practical this would be to do at the SoL, but I've always thought there should be a perimeter before you go into the stadium itself, and the turnstiles should be at this extra perimeter rather than the stadium. Then inside that perimeter you could have seating, food and drink kiosks, etc. So basically making the areas outside the stadium a big fan zone, and putting the turnstiles at the entry to the fan zone. Probably not very appealing in the north east winter, but at least some of it could be covered/indoors. Would surely help to get people into the ground earlier and more staggered (so smaller queues), and spending money inside.

You could keep it open at half time too. More space, more places to get beer and gives the smokers somewhere to go instead of stinking out the bogs.

would you accept a rename of stadium eg, Adidas Stadium of light. It would mean more income therefore more money available within FFP

• New pitch
  • Improved sound system
  • WIFI
  • Further investment into 'Haway the Flags'
  • Change the run out music, ASAP, to Republica following Dance of the Knights.
  • Chip and Pin machines on all concession stands
  • Mass Beer pourers
  • Get some decent beers in the ground, strike up some agreements between local breweries so it helps them too
  • Same applies to the food catering, surely we could have concessions for independent food places like Mexico 70 etc, all just adds to a community feel
  • Reintroduce the 'legends bars' rather than just having numbered bars
  • Have the red and white criss/cross checkerboards around the entire stadium not just the South Stand to cover up the grey access points
  • Rename some of the stands
  • A half time driving range on the centre circle when we play teams who's opposing fans are tossers, fans are allowed to tee off with the aim of hitting the away section.

My mate’s Dad, who’s a scaffy, reckons they’re currently doing the WiFi over the stadium.
Good for checking your coupon.
Bad for our kids being on their phones.

Have an area outside the turnstiles fenced so at half time the big doors can be opened and people can go out for a smoke and stand with a pint. Allow food and beer outlets to operate here as well if allowed (outside the stadium so perhaps not in breach of the catering contract?) and maybe provide some form of cover in the colder months. They have an uncovered area like this in the away end at West Brom and it relieves the pressure from the concourse.

Make all kiosks cashless and contactless. Payments can be made by either debit/credit or season card which can be loaded via the club website.

Back