The sol improvements

The stadium is looking tired. However, getting the football side right is should be the absolute priority over everything else. Get that right and everything else will follow.
You're back!! :cool:

IN reply to your post, I think it's a balance. Give the players something to make them take pride more, little things like a clean up will affect mentality, not massively, but a bit.
Bring back the hawk fella to scare off the seagulls again.
I thought the footie had done that tbh

Shame about them renewing for another 5 years with Molson Coors (after saying they wouldn’t and saying this would be one of the easiest things to sort out) as it means pints of pisswater and scolding hot pies for another 5 years served by acne ridden halfwits. Basically ruining any chance of improvements on the concourses for the foreseeable.

Get the concourses looking good all the way round. I remember going in the West stand once and it was a different world compared to the East. Maybe extend them back a bit so they are bigger although that could be pointlessly expensive. They need to get decent contractors in that supply decent food and drink rather than the cans we get poured into plastic cups and the shit selections. Getting some local micro breweries onboard would be good

Shame about them renewing for another 5 years with Molson Coors (after saying they wouldn’t and saying this would be one of the easiest things to sort out) as it means pints of pisswater and scolding hot pies for another 5 years served by acne ridden halfwits. Basically ruining any chance of improvements on the concourses for the foreseeable.
Cheapest product, served by the cheapest labour, selling at the maximum achievable price, goes against the community club claim in one of the most depressed areas within the country.

Those "acne ridden halfwits" are just trying to do a thankless task of a job, serving pissed up football fans for shit wages. A job that you would turn probably your nose up at so give them a break.

Do you look down on cleaners and road sweepers too?

Those "acne ridden halfwits" are just trying to do a thankless task of a job, serving pissed up football fans for shit wages. A job that you would turn probably your nose up at so give them a break.

And they are given the worst/cheapest possible tools to do the job with as well. The bars are a f***ing joke nowadays

A full stadium is all I care about. To achieve that, the team just need to start winning. Forget the rest for now.

In the long term I would like us to look at the lower bowl. It’s not very pleasant when you are sandwiched in a concrete box and can’t get served at the bar. Not sure what the solution is but it wasn’t very well planned out. Need more space. I think that plays a part in why people leave for half time and full time early...to “beat the rush”

I'm not sure how practical this would be to do at the SoL, but I've always thought there should be a perimeter before you go into the stadium itself, and the turnstiles should be at this extra perimeter rather than the stadium. Then inside that perimeter you could have seating, food and drink kiosks, etc. So basically making the areas outside the stadium a big fan zone, and putting the turnstiles at the entry to the fan zone. Probably not very appealing in the north east winter, but at least some of it could be covered/indoors. Would surely help to get people into the ground earlier and more staggered (so smaller queues), and spending money inside.

Did that job for three month after I left school in 1999. I was acne ridden but full witted. Wasn't much money, something like £15 a shift. Jacked it in mid-match one day when the supervisor being thick as fuck finally wound me up enough.

A bit of patience with the people serving and running about grabbing pints and pies goes a long way though.

I'm not sure how practical this would be to do at the SoL, but I've always thought there should be a perimeter before you go into the stadium itself, and the turnstiles should be at this extra perimeter rather than the stadium. Then inside that perimeter you could have seating, food and drink kiosks, etc. So basically making the areas outside the stadium a big fan zone, and putting the turnstiles at the entry to the fan zone. Probably not very appealing in the north east winter, but at least some of it could be covered/indoors. Would surely help to get people into the ground earlier and more staggered (so smaller queues), and spending money inside.
Really good idea this. The concourses are ridiculously cramped in some parts of the ground. I'm surprised there has never been a crushing incident.

Should do what they do for concerts, move carpark from East stand and fence in area with kiosks for food and drinks.

• New pitch
  • Improved sound system
  • WIFI
  • Further investment into 'Haway the Flags'
  • Change the run out music, ASAP, to Republica following Dance of the Knights.
  • Chip and Pin machines on all concession stands
  • Mass Beer pourers
  • Get some decent beers in the ground, strike up some agreements between local breweries so it helps them too
  • Same applies to the food catering, surely we could have concessions for independent food places like Mexico 70 etc, all just adds to a community feel
  • Reintroduce the 'legends bars' rather than just having numbered bars
  • Have the red and white criss/cross checkerboards around the entire stadium not just the South Stand to cover up the grey access points
  • Rename some of the stands
  • A half time driving range on the centre circle when we play teams who's opposing fans are tossers, fans are allowed to tee off with the aim of hitting the away section.
They do that at Bayern Munich, it's quite good, although the Bayern ground is miles from the city.

Fans back in is all I care about. Get a decent side playing in it each week and you'll not hear the speaker system anyway for the noise.

To me though all that shit about paint etc can wait until preseason, just concentrate entirely on anything that can get us out of this division this season.

A competent management team delegating responsibility well, with the resources to do it, can look at more than one thing at once.

We have a sporting director and a head of operations. Sorting the physical infrastructure of the club out and getting promotion aren’t either/or asks.

• New pitch
  • Improved sound system
  • WIFI
  • Further investment into 'Haway the Flags'
  • Change the run out music, ASAP, to Republica following Dance of the Knights.
  • Chip and Pin machines on all concession stands
  • Mass Beer pourers
  • Get some decent beers in the ground, strike up some agreements between local breweries so it helps them too
  • Same applies to the food catering, surely we could have concessions for independent food places like Mexico 70 etc, all just adds to a community feel
  • Reintroduce the 'legends bars' rather than just having numbered bars
  • Have the red and white criss/cross checkerboards around the entire stadium not just the South Stand to cover up the grey access points
  • Rename some of the stands
  • A half time driving range on the centre circle when we play teams who's opposing fans are tossers, fans are allowed to tee off with the aim of hitting the away section.

They do that at Bayern Munich, it's quite good, although the Bayern ground is miles from the city.
Canny, but I'd much prever Smack My Bitch Up to Ready to Go

The quality of swirling litter has dropped dramatically over the last year. The Bristol Rovers game was the last one I attended. It was so dull in the first half, I watched the placcy bags roll along the edge of the pitch behind the South Stand goal, before being caught in the eddies as the breeze hit the West Stand. They drifted higher and higher in the air. It was mesmeric.

Back