The so called 'Liverpool connection'

The deal is pretty much they have first dibs at all of the class youngsters coming through that Donald is desperate to cash in on.
This, added with the fact that going by our current u18-u23 set up, all of the good players bar Mumba have already been sold. With this fact, the link with Liverpool for loans doesn’t exist.

Henderson has been about a lot longer than Pickford and he is a Captain but it doesn't mean I dont want Everton to do well either.

That's just you hatred for Liverpool I want any club doing well that had one of our home grown academy player playing for them.

Colback/Newcastle ?? Haway man, get a grip

How many of our kids did they take? This connection was either bullshit by them to Donald or Donald to us! Which one is more likely?

All I know is there is no f***ing connection!
Aye nothing to do with said second team dominating football is it?

What about your REAL second team Peter? The one with Englands Number one behind the sticks? the one that stood side by side with SAFC with little Bradley? the one that idolises the great Peter Reid? the one that hates Geordies and has them spewing hatred that we are like Mackems on their forums?

Come on Peter lad renounce your wicked ways and get behind the REAL team on Merseyside, the Pride of the City, the side who lifted the first league title at Anfield, the Peoples clerb! :cool:

Would that mean he is stood behind the goal? Always said between the sticks me like!

Last edited:
What is this connection? We gave them Henderson, Mignolet and Bob Paisley and they gave us, er... Antony le Tallec?

Donald, iirc, suggested in the summer we had some sort of agreement where we'd be offered players from Liverpool. Nothing seems to have happened other than at least one youth player going there.

They also gave us Stephen Wright ;)

It’s a link that we should undoubtedly be fostering. They’re a fantastically run club and we could learn a hell of a lot from them. We should be hitching to their coattails as much as we possibly can. No doubt it was merely hot air from the windbag once again though.

Back