The so called 39th game being pushed by media.

It will happen and when it does it will be the time when I finally don't renew my season ticket (if/when we eventually get back to the prem). This would be a sell out of the fans that is a step too far for me.

Absolutely blatant push for it on radio by that buffoon Jim White. Has the game not been sold off enough?
They are now advocating it’s not fair for the customers in Australia, USA and the Far East not having easy access to their premier league favourite teams live games.

It's not fair that I spent all my life supporting SAFC how are they going to compensate me.

Last edited:
Why? We're meant to be a representation of the local area, not New Orleans. I'd rather play at home than go abroad and sell 5,000 shirts to some Yank plastics.

Absolute two fingers to our match going support if they ever do this.
The match going support will have absolutely no say in it whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? We're meant to be a representation of the local area, not New Orleans. I'd rather play at home than go abroad and sell 5,000 shirts to some Yank plastics.

Absolute two fingers to our match going support if they ever do this.

It would be a huge opportunity for the club. The club that moves a game first, could pretty much name their price and the PL would agree.

If the game was say in NY, the money we could make - especially if we did a Jacksonville style 2/3 year arrangement - could pretty much pay for a player a year and be used to keep prices at the SOL low. In addition, it would provide us with a platform to grow the club in a major market.

Fwiw, I can see why people are against it, but it will happen and the clubs at the back of queue will end up with a much smaller piece of the pie

It would be a huge opportunity for the club. The club that moves a game first, could pretty much name their price and the PL would agree.

If the game was say in NY, the money we could make - especially if we did a Jacksonville style 2/3 year arrangement - could pretty much pay for a player a year and be used to keep prices at the SOL low. In addition, it would provide us with a platform to grow the club in a major market.

Fwiw, I can see why people are against it, but it will happen and the clubs at the back of queue will end up with a much smaller piece of the pie

Fair enough. It's what you value the club's soul at (for me).

If they want to milk overseas audiences they could drop the League Cup, make it top two (or even one) divisions only and shift it overseas.

Be shite like but easy money spinner.

Agree that 39th game is just crap and should never happen.

Bit disappointed that we are near the bottom of a thread mentioning the beautiful Natalie Sawyer and we have no pictures to remind us of what this radio presenter looks like..................................

In 20 years time all PL teams will play at least one 'home' game and one 'away' game abroad per season. It is in-f***ing-evitable.

It may even be that a team is based abroad. Some greedy whore of an owner will see the £$£$£ signs and do it.

Bookmark this !
It would kill the English game off
It wouldn't like. Neither will VAR. There is simply too much to lose for it not to work. There will be huffing and puffing but money will win.

So "Media pushing for it" = Jim White and 2 friends talking about it on Talksport? I expect he recycles discussion points every few months. Next week is safe standing week.

Back