The smog dwellers.

You wanna see the farmer types heading into Newcastle along the A1 and A69 on Saturday mornings then. All the way from Carlisle and Berwick the turncoat twats.

Always found this confusing. Are you supposed to support your local League club? And if so why? If getting uber about nature of local support then surely its club on doorstep. Most of which not even in highest levels of League football. Most fans travelling 5 miles or more to stadiums in Sunderland or Newcastle are passing grounds far nearer to birthplace.

No issue with Boro. Hope they stay up, we go up and the Mags go down. The Leadbitter banner was class
I am still baffled ad to why so many supporters of other clubs cone on to this forum. Can a supporter of one of these clubs please explain the fascination? Please don't say it is because we are obsessed with Portsmouth, Peterborough, Oxford, Middlesbrough and others I have forgotten about.

I am still baffled ad to why so many supporters of other clubs cone on to this forum. Can a supporter of one of these clubs please explain the fascination? Please don't say it is because we are obsessed with Portsmouth, Peterborough, Oxford, Middlesbrough and others I have forgotten about.
been here longer than you... Pup...

Well I've always said that you have a bigger catchment area !!!
But, it still the case that all these people that supposedly 'care' about Sunderland will be Sunderland fans - just like people that care about the nothing , tinpot club are....Boro fans.
Besides, all these 'my dad's bigger than your dad' statements wont bring your club any success.
You are (just like us) pretty much a nothing club - except to your own supporters of course.

In your dreams maybe.

Then go away and play on your nothing board and leave our nothing club to us

I grew up on a Newcastle forum which had loads of Sunderland posters and was all the better for it.

Barnsley are playing very well under their new gaffer. Luton look doomed and Wigan will probably yoyo for the foreseeable future. Boro are deffo on a slippy slope, whilst Stoke seem to have enough to get out of it. Tough call, but I'm gonna go with the bottom 3 staying there.

Always liked boro ... Not as up themselves as other north east clubs...

Don't like Boro but I know what you mean - they are a working class club who know what they are as opposed to that lot up the road who think they should / have the right to be playing the likes of Barcelona every week. Bad day for North East football if they go down and we were not to go up, I won't cry any tears if they go down and may even have a smile on my face (as opposed to jumping up and down and drinking champagne if it was the barcodes) but NE football is crap and this in reality would be a bad day. Boro and Sunderland coming the new Darlo and Hartlepool - grim isn't it.

Always found this confusing. Are you supposed to support your local League club? And if so why? If getting uber about nature of local support then surely its club on doorstep. Most of which not even in highest levels of League football. Most fans travelling 5 miles or more to stadiums in Sunderland or Newcastle are passing grounds far nearer to birthplace.
Really good point that.

You see, that's weird.
This belief that it's all about attendances.
Obviously you get higher gates than us, but it is a much larger area for starters , and i'd argue the use of the word 'support'.
You lot accuse Boro fans of being fickle, yet we having nothing on your lot - the vast majority of you wanted (demanded) that your manager be sacked after about a fortnight (out of his depth, not a big enough name for Sunderland, plays shite football etc), yet now he's some sort of folk hero.
Also, do you really think that the qualification of being a 'something' club is based on attendances? It's yet another obsession , and yes- delusion.

Are you the message board police?
Cos you don't go on a Middlesbrough board, then I shouldn't come on here? - especially on a Sunday morning? (even though it's actually afternoon).
I've not said our club is 'better' than yours - but I also wouldn't say your club is better than ours on the basis of you getting higher gates.
That’s where you’re wrong
Parky is doing a good job however he’s not perceived as being a folk hero
you’ve just made that up to suit your own agenda

I grew up on a Newcastle forum which had loads of Sunderland posters and was all the better for it.
That didn't answer the question. Which mag forum? Why not stick to it and answer the alleged Sunderland supporters? Doesn't matter as I won't visit it.

Never been keen on Boro but Chairman Steve Gibson can't be faulted. Always been there to bring in top notch players over the years.
aye, bringing in the steel from germany for their new ground despite what was down the road. sacking drivers who'd booked holidays well in advance when they were in europe and they tried to force them into work and they went to the footy instead.

Which seems to prove my point. Pompey supporter with lots of posts on SMB. The clue is in the title. Sunderland Message Board. I still find it baffling that you can have posted so often on this message board.
I don't usually talk footy more into the running threads and general chat...

aye, bringing in the steel from germany for their new ground despite what was down the road. sacking drivers who'd booked holidays well in advance when they were in europe and they tried to force them into work and they went to the footy instead.
I was talking about a Chairman of a football club. I think you'll find 90% of multi millionaires would walk over people to get where theý are.

Back