The smog dwellers.

Be interesting to see if they stick with Woodgate if it gets to late March and it looks like they’re in real trouble.

Pulis to save the day ?

Remember all them snide bastards taking the piss when we went down. Still getting 10k more than them in the third division. Nothing club. Never have been, never will be.
The only 'taking the piss' as I remember was brought on by your supporters delusions.
Our nothing club has won more than your club in recent times - and played in Europe (getting to a final), and spent less seasons in the basement leagues.
Obsession? You do realise what club this board is about?
Whats that got to do with anything?
A lot (the majority) of people on here have this weird obsession that opposing teams fans 'disappear' when their team loses a few matches - it's really quite childlike.

Last edited:
The only 'taking the piss' as I remember was brought on by your supporters delusions.
Our nothing club has won more than your club in recent times - and played in Europe (getting to a final), and spent less seasons in the basement leagues.

Whats that got to do with anything?
A lot (the majority) of people on here have this weird obsession that opposing teams fans 'disappear' when their team loses a few matches - it's really quite childlike.

Yours have. There was a load of Boro giving it out when we were relegated. Very few posting at the minute is there?
What is has to do with is the irony of you being on here and labelling Sunderland fans as obsessed with clubs like Boro.

And STILL get 10,000 less supporters than us. Hope they do go down just to see the "crowds" they get. Will be around the 10,000 mark. A third of us deluded ones 😂
Yours have. There was a load of Boro giving it out when we were relegated. Very few posting at the minute is there?
What is has to do with is the irony of you being on here and labelling Sunderland fans as obsessed with clubs like Boro.
Exactly, if their club is so much better than ours what the absolute fuck are you doing on a SAFC message board on a Sunday morning? I am not aware if there is a Smog Monster equivalant, but if there is I certainly would not go on there, so why are you on ours?

Last edited:
Nah - there's always only been a handful of Boro that get on here - and only the odd idiot was trying to bait.
As regards your other point - I wasn't meaning Sunderland fans are obsessed with Boro, I meant that people on here tend to use this 'you've all disappeared cos your teams not won for a while' logic - more that your support seem to think that other teams fans are obsessed with Sunderland.
Yes, I support Boro, and of course I want us to do well, but i'm not naïve enough to 'hide' or whatever when we're playing shite it happens all too often for that.

Nah - there's always only been a handful of Boro that get on here - and only the odd idiot was trying to bait.
As regards your other point - I wasn't meaning Sunderland fans are obsessed with Boro, I meant that people on here tend to use this 'you've all disappeared cos your teams not won for a while' logic - more that your support seem to think that other teams fans are obsessed with Sunderland.
Yes, I support Boro, and of course I want us to do well, but i'm not naïve enough to 'hide' or whatever when we're playing shite it happens all too often for that.

Fuck off.

And STILL get 10,000 less supporters than us. Hope they do go down just to see the "crowds" they get. Will be around the 10,000 mark. A third of us deluded ones 😂
Exactly, if their club is so much better than ours what the absolute fuck are you doing on a SAFC message board on a Sunday morning? I am not aware if there is a Smog Monster equivalant, but if there is I certainly would not go on there, so why are you on ours?
You see, that's weird.
This belief that it's all about attendances.
Obviously you get higher gates than us, but it is a much larger area for starters , and i'd argue the use of the word 'support'.
You lot accuse Boro fans of being fickle, yet we having nothing on your lot - the vast majority of you wanted (demanded) that your manager be sacked after about a fortnight (out of his depth, not a big enough name for Sunderland, plays shite football etc), yet now he's some sort of folk hero.
Also, do you really think that the qualification of being a 'something' club is based on attendances? It's yet another obsession , and yes- delusion.
f***ing Lincoln and Burton lol
Are you the message board police?
Cos you don't go on a Middlesbrough board, then I shouldn't come on here? - especially on a Sunday morning? (even though it's actually afternoon).
I've not said our club is 'better' than yours - but I also wouldn't say your club is better than ours on the basis of you getting higher gates.

Last edited:
You see, that's weird.
This belief that it's all about attendances.
Obviously you get higher gates than us, but it is a much larger area for starters , and i'd argue the use of the word 'support'.
You lot accuse Boro fans of being fickle, yet we having nothing on your lot - the vast majority of you wanted (demanded) that your manager be sacked after about a fortnight (out of his depth, not a big enough name for Sunderland, plays shite football etc), yet now he's some sort of folk hero.
Also, do you really think that the qualification of being a 'something' club is based on attendances? It's yet another obsession , and yes- delusion.

Are you the message board police?
Cos you don't go on a Middlesbrough board, then I shouldn't come on here? - especially on a Sunday morning? (even though it's actually afternoon).
I've not said our club is 'better' than yours - but I also wouldn't say your club is better than ours on the basis of you getting higher gates.
Bigger gates, 6 league championships, more seasons in the top division, 2 FA cups, bigger ground. I would say that makes us bigger.

Bigger gates, 6 league championships, more seasons in the top division, 2 FA cups, bigger ground. I would say that makes us bigger.
I've never said that Sunderland aren't the 'bigger' club .
Having said that - a 'bigger' club (whatever that's meant to mean) doesn't have to mean BETTER club - that's all relative to who you support, surely.
Oh yeah - you havent won the League cup or the mighty Anglo Scottish cup:cool:.
You say you've had more seasons in the top division - but you've also had more seasons in the THIRD tier !

Back