The Smelly Bellringer

John Anthony Portsmouth Football Club Westwood (born 1963) is one of the most recognisable football supporters in England, when not working as an antiquarian bookseller.

Books are special things and nothing beats going into a bookstore.

"Seeing them, touching them, smelling them - it is a special place."

Wouldn’t want any books in my house that he’d molested with his dirty bell ringing hands.

Read about that. One of the staff tweeted they'd not had a customer all day, probably for the first time in 100+ years that shop had existed. Though I don't know how he had access to accounts in that detail that far back.

It went viral and they ended up with a shitload of online orders and more people coming in just to see the shop. Didn't read it enough to realise it's that whiffy bastard. Knocked the feel good factor right out of it that has.

I’ve met him, he seems ok to be honest, he broke down on the way up to Roker years ago, said he could cadge a ride with us but he didn’t want to leave his car.

... was on News at Ten. Apparently he's MD of a bookstore in Hampshire that went all day without selling a single book. I wonder why?

I saw that on Twitter, didn't realise it was his book shop. I meant to have a look on their website and see if there was owt worth having. Pleased I didn't now.
Read about that. One of the staff tweeted they'd not had a customer all day, probably for the first time in 100+ years that shop had existed. Though I don't know how he had access to accounts in that detail that far back.

It went viral and they ended up with a shitload of online orders and more people coming in just to see the shop. Didn't read it enough to realise it's that whiffy bastard. Knocked the feel good factor right out of it that has.

This :lol:

England v Turkey at the Stadium of Light had the misfortune of sitting about 5 yards away from this knacker. Very odd individual

Back