The SMB Movie thread

Fletch73

Full Back
Stuff like this makes me want to cry
Life's too short and there's too much media to consume these days to sit through stuff you're not enjoying for the sake of finishing it.
I knew within 15 minutes that film wasn't for me. Watching it for an hour confirmed it, so I moved on.
I've got 649 films, 108 tv episodes and endless albums on Spotify on my 'to watch/listen' list.

daedalus

Striker
Uncut Gems [2019]
4/10

I can see the appeal and felt this was better than their previous offering Good Time.
But this just annoyed the crap out of me. Everything's turned up to 11 and Sandler's character is deeply unlikeable.
Turned it off half way through.
I thought it was canny - given, it was like watching a car crash in slow motion-I'll give it 7/10 worth a watch.

The Traitor (2019) - The real life story of Tommaso Buscetta the so called "boss of the two worlds", first mafia informant in Sicily 1980's.

Worth a watch, good old fashioned Italian gangster vibe, nee good if you don’t do subtitles though - 7/10

Kroupa

Goalkeeper
A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood - minus 10 out of 10. Not sure I'll ever really knar why I continued to sit through it. An absolute pile of pap.
Went to see this last night, really didn't like it either - found the opening introduction with Hanks mildly amusing/strange but the whole story with the other lead was beyond boring just didn't hold my attention at all, bit more generous 2/10

Uncut Gems [2019]
4/10

I can see the appeal and felt this was better than their previous offering Good Time.
But this just annoyed the crap out of me. Everything's turned up to 11 and Sandler's character is deeply unlikeable.
Turned it off half way through.
I was close to switching it off after the first ten minutes as it was too intense but I got into it and thought it was an excellent film and Sandler was brilliant.
8/10 from me.

HABA87

Winger
21 Bridges

A disappointing 4/10.
I like these kind of films usually, but it was canny weak. Chadwick Boseman just about saves it from total disaster.

Opinions on this film anyone?

The opening scene is great but I got a bit board after half an hour. Might go back to it but not sure if its worth it according to the reviews but everyone agrees the opening scene is very good.

niknak_123

Striker
Motherless Brooklyn

Edward Norton plays a private investigator with Tourette’s In 1950s New York who tries to find out who killed his mate, Bruce Willis

Decent. 7/10

HABA87

Winger
Miss Americana (Taylor Swift).

It's a documentary, but officially a fillum.
It looks like a tough gig being famous.

Alright aye, if a bit pointless.
4.5/10, mostly for her getting mouthy about politics. You go, girlfriend.
Else maybe 3/10 at a push.

The Corrupted 8/10
I love a good British gangster film, I love a shit cliched one as well, but this was a cut above any I've seen for a while. Timothy Spall, Hugh Bonneville and Noel Clark star and it avoids most of the cliches and the usual faces that turn up in these films.
Decent plot that races along. On Amazon Prime if you are interested.

General Zod

Midfield
Hidden figures - based on a true life story about some talented black lasses who had maths & science skills & were instrumental in early space travel. Better than it sounds.

8/10