The SMB Movie thread

General Zod

Midfield
One of the naffest films in recent memory. That and Prometheus, man. Sullying the legacy of Alien.
The best thing about Alien Covenant is that it didn't make Prometheus look as bad in comparison. Total missed opportunity as it could have been so much better, especially that supposed twist that everybody saw coming at the end.

The best thing about Alien Covenant is that it didn't make Prometheus look as bad in comparison. Total missed opportunity as it could have been so much better, especially that supposed twist that everybody saw coming at the end.
Wasn't it because Ridley bowed to pressure after the criticism of Prometheus and ended up changing the story of Covenant? Apparently his planned story was going to tie everything up?

I really enjoy watching both, especially Prometheus (apart from Idris Elba's stupid accent but Charlize makes up for that!), but I was never that precious about the original Alien films. Fassbender is brilliant in making David an evil bassa!

Wolfhunter

Goalkeeper
Wasn't it because Ridley bowed to pressure after the criticism of Prometheus and ended up changing the story of Covenant? Apparently his planned story was going to tie everything up?

I really enjoy watching both, especially Prometheus (apart from Idris Elba's stupid accent but Charlize makes up for that!), but I was never that precious about the original Alien films. Fassbender is brilliant in making David an evil bassa!
Yeah, Ridley had to change direction after Prometheus to include more of the original Xenomorphs from the original franchise.

In doing so, it spoilt the connection with the original series.

I enjoy them both as stand alone movies whilst still being pissed off as a lover of the original series.
The joker - it's about the joker off batman.

Squality. 9/10.
I'm one that really doesn't get the praise. 6/10 for me.

dred

Striker
Under Heavy Fire
Vietnam war movie, I enjoyed it and I am not easy pleased when it comes to war movies. 7 it of 10

SteveFTM

Striker
Black and Blue 6/10
A rookie policewoman in New Orleans inadvertently captures the shooting death of a young drug dealer on her body cam. After realizing the murder was committed by corrupt cops, she teams up with the only person from the community who's willing to help her.

Three Christs 7/10
A boundary-pushing psychiatrist treats three schizophrenic patients who believe they are Jesus Christ.

Black and Blue 6/10
A rookie policewoman in New Orleans inadvertently captures the shooting death of a young drug dealer on her body cam. After realizing the murder was committed by corrupt cops, she teams up with the only person from the community who's willing to help her.

Three Christs 7/10
A boundary-pushing psychiatrist treats three schizophrenic patients who believe they are Jesus Christ.
Sounds like a couple of good films there marra 👍

Wolfhunter

Goalkeeper
Cheap Thrills 7/10

Old school pals get together for a drink and things get out of control as each dare for money adds more moral dilemma.

Won't be for everyone, almost turned it off after 10 mins myself. At the start it seemed like it was bad acting and production, but I was soon drawn into the story and realised it was the style they were going for which ended up being more "real"

@niceonemarra think you would enjoy this!

Cheap Thrills 7/10

Old school pals get together for a drink and things get out of control as each dare for money adds more moral dilemma.

Won't be for everyone, almost turned it off after 10 mins myself. At the start it seemed like it was bad acting and production, but I was soon drawn into the story and realised it was the style they were going for which ended up being more "real"

@niceonemarra think you would enjoy this!
Cheers I’ll watch it tonight.

HABA87

Winger
Bombshell.

John Lithgow in a fat suit was a terrible idea. The pace of the film is all over the shop.

3/10
Richard Jewell

6/10. The usual watchable slightly cheesy thing from Clint. Sam Rockwell was decent.

Last edited:
Happy Gilmore - 9/10, in my top 10 films of all time, seen it more than Groundhog Day (and that's saying summat). Back in the days when Adam Sandler was funny :lol:. Grandma's house is nearing foreclosure due to non payment of Taxes, so her grandson Happy (a failed Ice Hockey player) takes up Golf because he's got a big fuck off drive. Grandma ("She's an old lady, look at her - she's old !") ends up in a nursing home with evil Ben Stiller ("Now you will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep"......) and Happy is stalked by an ex pro golfer called Chubs (whose hand was taken by an Alligator), said Alligator was decapitated by Happy and presented to Chubs as a gift (resulting in the horrifically startled Chubs falling out a window to his death..............."Remember the Gator that got your hand............I got his head". It's all mint, I laugh at it a lot and know most of the bloody lines :lol: