The SMB Movie thread

Gremlins - 9/10. Fabulous comedy horror film about a kids' dad that buys him an exotic, (obviously robotic) East Asian fluff ball called a "Mogwai" on his travels.
Said Mogwai is cute as fuck unless you get him wet (fnarr fnarr) or feed the scrumptious little scamp after midnight. If you do he spits fluff ball eggs out of his back end that turn into more aggressive Mogwai (Stripe and the gang - aggro, vicious, salacious, hungry killer bastards).
*Always thought Stripe was called Spike for some reason, cant believe he tried to shoot the kid and kill him with a chainsaw at the end after flashing the kids' lass (the chainsmoking perv). Gerrit watched !!!!!!!!!! :cool: :lol: (yes I'm drunk xx)

Last edited:

Marty Moose

Striker
Halfway through alien covenant on channel 4. There's too many michael fassbenders, i can't take danny McBride seriously without thinking of kenny powers, and the alien cgi is fucking shit and ten times worse than the man in a rubber suit stuff from 40 years ago.

Lexingtongue

Striker
Halfway through alien covenant on channel 4. There's too many michael fassbenders, i can't take danny McBride seriously without thinking of kenny powers, and the alien cgi is fucking shit and ten times worse than the man in a rubber suit stuff from 40 years ago.
One of the naffest films in recent memory. That and Prometheus, man. Sullying the legacy of Alien.

Gremlins - 9/10. Fabulous comedy horror film about a kids' dad that buys him an exotic, (obviously robotic) East Asian fluff ball called a "Mogwai" on his travels.
Said Mogwai is cute as fuck unless you get him wet (fnarr fnarr) or feed the scrumptious little scamp after midnight. If you do he spits fluff ball eggs out of his back end that turn into more aggressive Mogwai (Stripe and the gang - aggro, vicious, salacious, hungry killer bastards).
*Always thought Stripe was called Spike for some reason, cant believe he tried to shoot the kid and kill him with a chainsaw at the end after flashing the kids' lass (the chainsmoking perv). Gerrit watched !!!!!!!!!! :cool: :lol: (yes I'm drunk xx)
Classic film with a great theme tune 10/10
One of the naffest films in recent memory. That and Prometheus, man. Sullying the legacy of Alien.
It gets better after the first watch, they both do.

Last edited:
Children of Men 9/10

Has the best screenplay and cinematography I've seen in a film since Saving Private Ryan. The film was named after a quote in the Bible but its well worth watching if you like post apocalyptic thrillers. Clive Owen doesn't use a gun although several are dropped around him.

1917 - 10/10

Absolute class from start to finish, gets stuck straight in to the story and from then on in it's like you're on the mission with the 2 of them. Superbly shot, atmospheric and eerie with scenes that you can only imagine are as close to what being there in WW1 was actually like. Loved it and would highly recommend.
The screenplay and camera work is top quality on 1917. Children of Men is filmed in the same way so I recommend that one if you enjoyed 1917.

Malloy

Midfield
1917 - 10/10

Absolute class from start to finish, gets stuck straight in to the story and from then on in it's like you're on the mission with the 2 of them. Superbly shot, atmospheric and eerie with scenes that you can only imagine are as close to what being there in WW1 was actually like. Loved it and would highly recommend.
Just been tonight, class film. On the edge of your seat all the time.

The bit at night time with the flares lighting the town up and the music was strangely beautiful.

Cypher

Winger
Classic scene in the tavern.

black-cat

Striker
Classic scene in the tavern.

In the run up to Christmas I went to see Gremlins in 4DX, upscaled to 4K at cineworld the gate. Fuckin class :lol:
The screenplay and camera work is top quality on 1917. Children of Men is filmed in the same way so I recommend that one if you enjoyed 1917.
I saw it years ago, remember enjoying it

Last edited:
Countdown - horror film about an app that tells you when your going to die. Similar to films that have been done before but it’s alright if you like such a film and there’s a few jump scares. 7/10

Curlyteeth

Full Back
Annihilation, earth based Sci film on net flux. Stars Natalie Portman as a biologist investigating a weird alien area. Pretty good. 8 out of 10

Just been tonight, class film. On the edge of your seat all the time.

The bit at night time with the flares lighting the town up and the music was strangely beautiful.
Stunning scene and the following few minutes. Brilliant.
1917. Brilliant 9/10

Watched it in IMAX and jumped out of my skin about 5 times.
The bang when they are under the bunker. Shat me knicks
Loved jojo rabbit. Funny as owt.

Reminded me of Moone Boy if anyone watched that series.

2 cracking weeks at the flicks for me with Jojo then 1917 and The gentleman later this week.
The gentleman is brilliant.

Last edited:

black-cat

Striker
Loved jojo rabbit. Funny as owt.

Reminded me of Moone Boy if anyone watched that series.

2 cracking weeks at the flicks for me with Jojo then 1917 and The gentleman later this week.
I thoroughly enjoyed jojo rabbit anarl, will have to get to see the gentlemen

Training Day 7/10 - stresses me out too much seeing Denzel being rotten to the core whilst Ethan just wants to be a good cop. Decent enough film about a rogue narc kinpin cop and his new sidekick's / partners relationship. Seen it before so I obviously knew what was going to happen, canny watch if you like films like that.