The SMB Movie thread

You are confused...I was simply telling you to stop recommending small town hero...have never watched house swap and if you think it's good then I won't bother!
I see, houseswap is even worse than small town hero - its another crappy English B film with a small budget. I should probably recommend them as small budget B movies as people these days just like watching amazing avengerman and the bee wasp.

Wolfhunter

Subs Bench
I see, houseswap is even worse than small town hero - its another crappy English B film with a small budget. I should probably recommend them as small budget B movies as people these days just like watching amazing avengerman and the bee wasp.
Stop with your superior attitude.

I am a big fan of movies.

This means I can enjoy a good marvel movie, and dislike a bad one.

I can like a good independent movie and dislike a bad one.

Liking a movie just because it's not a Hollywood blockbuster means you have an agenda..not good taste!

Stop with your superior attitude.

I am a big fan of movies.

This means I can enjoy a good marvel movie, and dislike a bad one.

I can like a good independent movie and dislike a bad one.

Liking a movie just because it's not a Hollywood blockbuster means you have an agenda..not good taste!
🖕

Dora the Explorer....watched it with 9 yr old daughter and she loved it, nothing really to dislike and an easy watch, quicksand, snakes, spikey traps, treasure....think Tomb raider or Indiana Jones for young kids...6.5/10
Knives out....Slow well made movie with excellent cast. I though Daniel Graigs US Accent might be naff but it's ok. Couldn't quite keep the tension going for the whole movie though & got a bit messy 7/10

Just seen its over 2 1/2 hours, does it drag at all? my arse tends to go to sleep after about 2 hours
Saw it last night - really enjoyed it - good throwback to an Agatha Christie style movie

Dora the Explorer....watched it with 9 yr old daughter and she loved it, nothing really to dislike and an easy watch, quicksand, snakes, spikey traps, treasure....think Tomb raider or Indiana Jones for young kids...6.5/10
Knives out....Slow well made movie with excellent cast. I though Daniel Graigs US Accent might be naff but it's ok. Couldn't quite keep the tension going for the whole movie though & got a bit messy 7/10

Just seen its over 2 1/2 hours, does it drag at all? my arse tends to go to sleep after about 2 hours
Not at all. Absolutely flew by.

Panhead

Midfield
Watched a canny one on Sky over weekend.

Australian Zombie horror comedy called Little Monsters.

About a class trip to a petting zoo which gets over run by Zombies. Daft brainless fun, some laugh out loud moments.

Solid 8/10

Joe Baker

Central Defender
Knives out....Slow well made movie with excellent cast. I though Daniel Craig's US Accent might be naff but it's ok. Couldn't quite keep the tension going for the whole movie though & got a bit messy 7/10
Wtf was that accent??? I thought it was completely offputting.
Story was decent but, yes, it went on too long IMO

HABA87

Winger
Ready Or Not.

Film of the year for me. Funny, and above all massively relevant. Pretty much Get Out for 2019.

I avoided the trailers, which I watched afterwards. They give most of the "shocks" away which would probably spoil the watching IMO.

8.5/10. Quality.

DJ Doubt

Midfield
I'm looking forward to Ready or Not! So many positve reviews about.

Escape From New York (4K) - 7/10

A fine restoration of a John Carpenter classic. With a very simple and incredibly silly premise, Escape From New York's strengths come from Carpenter's moody direction and brooding atmosphere. To look at the cover art, you would think this would be a macho eighties action film full of stunts and shooting. It has those elements, but they are few and far between.

This is a real showcase of what Carpenter can achieve on a tiny budget and another great collaboration with Kurt Russell.

Booksmart – 7.75/10

Every decade has its Iconic, American teen comedies. The 80’s had the Breakfast Club/Ferris Bueller. The 90’s had American Pie/Clueless. The noughties had Mean Girls/Superbad. Booksmart is as good a contender as I have seen for the last decade. In fact, not a lot else stands out. It’s just a shame that this didn’t deliver at the box office as it thoroughly deserves success.

The soundtrack, put together by Gorillaz’s Dan The Automator, is superb. I also loved the lead performance from Kaitlyn Dever who appears to have star quality.

It's sharp, funny, progressive and I hope it gains traction and becomes a huge hit retrospectively. A potential, contemporary cult classic.