The SMB Movie thread

weebil64

Winger
Us

Enjoyable creepy flick with a nice take on doppelgangers and a pretty neat twist at the end. A solid 7.5 from me.

It is THE musical for people who don't like musicals. Excellent film.
Us angered me. Maybe I just don't get it but seemed a whole load of self-indulgent waffle to me.

Shack

Midfield
Watched some shite on Netflix lately, the latest was 'Dead In A Week'. Young bloke wants to commit suicide but struggles to make it happen. Hires an assassin to do it. It's like it's written by a 10 year old - all obvious plot lines and one-liners. I've turned a few off after 10 minutes and because of this we stuck it out... 3/10

The Reverant 8/10
Leonardo De Caprio gets attacked by a bear and a guy who couldn't be arsed to carry him leaves him for dead. Gareth Bale talks like he's just come out of the dentist. Great film.

Elysium 8/10
I gave it extra marks as a fan of District 9

THE FANATIC 8.1/10

Take no notice of the stars on IMBD this is a brilliant movie, one of the best stalker movies I've seen and John Travolta is just brilliant in this. The acting is top class from every actor throughout and its hilarious in a dark way.

The Limp Bizkit frontman directed the film

Highly recommended.
Its the perfect film to watch after Once upon a time in Hollywood.
-

Watching THE FANATIC again and it's gone to 9.2/10 on a second watch.

Its like a PULP FICTION spin off - very highly recommended it had Easter eggs throughout of all the best films like Misery, Pulp Fiction, Night of the Living Dead, Friday the 13th and The Shining etc.

Last edited:
Elysium 8/10
I gave it extra marks as a fan of District 9

THE FANATIC 8.1/10

Take no notice of the stars on IMBD this is a brilliant movie, one of the best stalker movies I've seen and John Travolta is just brilliant in this. The acting is top class from every actor throughout and its hilarious in a dark way.

The Limp Bizkit frontman directed the film

Highly recommended.
Its the perfect film to watch after Once upon a time in Hollywood.
-

Watching THE FANATIC again and it's gone to 9.2/10 on a second watch.

Its like a PULP FICTION spin off - very highly recommended it had Easter eggs throughout of all the best films like Misery, Pulp Fiction, Night of the Living Dead, Friday the 13th and The Shining etc.
The fanatic that's 3.8/10 on IMDb and 17% on metacritic?

Sounds class. I'm in!

BIG BAZ

Striker
It chapter 2...was really hoping the bad reviews were just pretentious critics but they were right in the main..its far far far too long...nearly 3 hours and boy does that spoil it..could of lopped off 1 hour easily and made it a much more enjoyable experience...the actings good but the narrative is not....its basically an bloated scare fest...loved the first one but this was a disappointment 6/10

It chapter 2...was really hoping the bad reviews were just pretentious critics but they were right in the main..its far far far too long...nearly 3 hours and boy does that spoil it..could of lopped off 1 hour easily and made it a much more enjoyable experience...the actings good but the narrative is not....its basically an bloated scare fest...loved the first one but this was a disappointment 6/10
Everyone I know who's seen it says exactly the same mate. Far...too...long. I'm just going to wait for the VHS.