The SMB Movie thread

Dora and the Lost City Of Gold - good fun to take the bairns, better than anyone had envy right to expect. Sort of a cross between George of the Jungle and a decent teen movie 6.5/10

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - enjoyed it but probably won’t watch it again. 7/10

HABA87

Winger
Currently watching Hop.

Starring Russell Brand as the voice of the Easter Bunny. Teddy Flood as some fresh from college slacker despite being about 40. Featuring David Hasselhoff as himself.

Chod/10
Dora and the Lost City Of Gold - good fun to take the bairns, better than anyone had envy right to expect. Sort of a cross between George of the Jungle and a decent teen movie 6.5/10
Aye, it was canny and I was quite surprised.

Noticed yesterday that “The man who never was” was on BBC2 the same time as the match.

Should have probably watched that classic, instead of listening to our horror show of a game.

Scorer

Winger
Is there anybody there? Michael Caine as an old magician in a care home coming to terms with his regrets and becoming friends with the young lad whose parents run the home. Good cast, quite amusing but also moving at times. 7.5.

jacko100

Striker
X men dark Phoenix, not as bad as I was expecting and a hell of a lot better than apocalypse tho that’s not saying much.

6/10

hairynaker

Midfield
Aquaman, superhero movie that feels a bit power rangers at times. Never fancied watching this one and was right in that thinking, poor but the kids thought it was alright. 5/10

Fred Army

Winger
Toy Story 4
Probably the worst of the lot but still very good.
8/10.

Overlord
Watchable but a bit of a wasted opportunity.
6/10

cluffy

Striker
West Side Story 9/10
Loved it. Looks fantastic. Natalie Wad.
moving story. And I don't normally like musicals.

JonMc

Striker
Us

Enjoyable creepy flick with a nice take on doppelgangers and a pretty neat twist at the end. A solid 7.5 from me.

West Side Story 9/10
Loved it. Looks fantastic. Natalie Wad.
moving story. And I don't normally like musicals.
It is THE musical for people who don't like musicals. Excellent film.

Toy Story 4
Probably the worst of the lot but still very good.
8/10.

Overlord
Watchable but a bit of a wasted opportunity.
6/10
I’ve watched all the toy stories numerous times and number 2 is by far the worst imo.
Thought number 4 was very good.

I’d rate them in order 1,3,4,2

Fletch73

Full Back
I've just watched the last 15mins about 20 times, its superb.
Just watched it. Enjoyed the rest of the movie but the ending absolutely elevates it.
From the creeping dread of knowing what's going to happen, to what actually occurs is beautiful.
I think I'll enjoy it even more watching it again.