The SMB Movie thread

mickyw

Full Back
The Silence

7/10

Flying creatures are unleashed during an excavation and promptly take over the planet but they're blind and can only hunt by sound. Pretty much a rip off of A Quiet Place but I still enjoyed it. Definitely worth a watch.

jacko100

Striker
The Silence

7/10

Flying creatures are unleashed during an excavation and promptly take over the planet but they're blind and can only hunt by sound. Pretty much a rip off of A Quiet Place but I still enjoyed it. Definitely worth a watch.
Remember reading something about that that both films were in production at the same time, the similarities are a total coincidence

MrOompapa

Striker
Shazam - Thought it would be crap, but pleasant surprise, it wasn't all that bad, had some shouts out the film "Big". Overall 6.5/10
I am at heart a MCU man, I've long believed its a lot better than DC overall. But I ended up seeing Shazam. Obviously it was a more light hearted and family friendly toned film. But it was enjoyable.

I felt DC are really starting to get their act together and compete more in terms of film quality now, especially with the success of Aquaman as well.

The Silence

7/10

The Silence is a book and was written well before AQP was a thing.

Which is interesting as A Quiet Place wipes the floor with this.