The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

It would have been 0/10 without Velma. She's lovely. :p

Scrappy wasn't in this one.

2. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

He wasn’t? Ah right then no bother,

3. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

Escape Room - 5/10

A mixture between Saw and Cube.

4. Gone baby gone

Thriller around missing kid in Boston, excellent 2007 directorial debut from Ben affleck.

Gritty and a solid 8/10

HABA87 likes this.
  5. weebil64

weebil64 Winger

Shazam! - 8/10 a film made with a smile on it's face.

Junior Birdman likes this.
  6. matt228

matt228 Midfield Contributor

Right that's my Tuesday film sorted. Cheers!

weebil64 likes this.
  7. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

great film, even better book.

Motor City Cobra and mickyw like this.
  8. WCC

WCC Central Defender

Major League 1989 - Had never heard of this but it was pretty good sports comedy film starring Tom Berenger and Charlie Sheen 7/10

the veteran likes this.
  9. maygo

maygo Winger

Last few weeks viewing-

Us
    6/10

Started off canny, quite creepy. Then the story went shite. Liked the twist though

Pet Semetary
    8/10

Liked this one a lot, as a massive fan of SK I like to see how people interpret his stories. Thought it was very creepy, and again liked when it takes a different path to the byuk

Free Solo
    7/10

Enjoyable and breathtakingly shot story of one mentalist’s desire to climb El Capitan without any ropes. The lad seems to have some issues with intimacy, looks awkward around his lass- but no such issues when on a cliff face. 3000 feet without a safety back up, well worth a watch

niceonemarra likes this.
  10. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

Smile. 1975 Michael Ritchie Beauty Pageant satire. Disappointing, as his other films I've watched are great. 6/10

11. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

watched this last night, was better than I expected, havent seen saw but it was definitely like a bigger budget version of CUBE

12. the veteran

the veteran Central Defender

The Dirt a solid 7/10 for me....enjoyed it, missed quite a lot out off the book but the squirt scene probably used up all the rating :lol:

13. Fred Secrets

Fred Secrets Striker

Ibiza Undead.

0/10.

niceonemarra likes this.
  14. Junior Birdman

Junior Birdman Striker

Saw it yesterday in 3d with the bairn. Loved it. A weird cross between Deadpool and Big! 8/10 from me also.

weebil64 likes this.
  15. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

Copying Marvel and trying to inject a bit of humour into their films. About time anarl. I was starting to think DC stood for Depressing C***s.

Dan The Man and matt228 like this.
  16. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Dragged Across Concrete 8/10 2nd viewing some really outrageous film making that. The last half of the film is quite different to the first half and its on for ages. Cant stop thinking about Jenifer Carpenter her scenes really blew me away.

I was convinced Don Johnson was one of the baddies.
    What was that sniper scene all about, was he having a laugh?

Apparently Mel Gibson had to release this film under his ICON entertainment film company so it looks like the big cats in Hollywood wont give him the time of day. Needs clarifying.

17. kamaras-tash

kamaras-tash Winger

Escape Room - 6.5/10

18. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

There's a film out today called "The Upside" starring Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart, it's a remake of the brilliant French film "The Intouchables".

If you're thinking of watching either watch The Intouchables. The remake is an insult to the original. They've replaced subtle French humour with Kevin fucking Hart jokes. :rolleyes:

matt228 likes this.
  19. matt228

matt228 Midfield Contributor

I saw the trailer and thought it would be shite since I was a big fan of the original French movie. Thanks for confirming my belief.

bigmarlon likes this.
  20. I watched one of the worst films I’ve ever seen the other night. Cell starring John Cusack and SLJ.

Puls (2016) - IMDb

Laughably bad.