The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Shack

Shack Midfield

Watched a couple lately - both glamourised true stories but enjoyed each one. Good humour and excellent acting in both, especially the latter.

Blackkklansman - 8/10
    Green Book - 8/10

WCC likes this.
  2. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Striker

Capt Marvel ... very enjoyable if ya like the MCU but couldn’t help thinking it coulda been better... sets it up nicely for Av 4
    7/10

3. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

I couldn’t be bothered to wait around for the after credit scenes. Twenty fives minutes of adverts/trailers before the film starts is a joke.

£10 for a 10am showing is an absolute joke too... was in Northern Ireland earlier this week, 4pm showing only cost £6 for two of us. No wonder my brother goes mental at the cost of seeing a film here on the main land.

4. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Striker

£4.99 at the Vue Darlington... watch a flick with the meerkat 2for1 and it’s £2.50 each... absolute bargain

5. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

I went to Cineworld in Newcastle - nearly went for the ScreenX showing but trying to watch a film off three walls feels a little weird to me

6. matt228

matt228 Midfield Contributor

Only £3 at the Odeon, too! I go to either but the Odeon was refurbished a few years ago so is perfectly passable in a pinch. Vue is obviously nicer, like.

BIG BAZ likes this.
  7. maygo

maygo Winger

Aftermath
    5/10
    Love story set during the post- WWII allied occupation of Germany. Keira knightley gets her tiny beestings out while getting rattled by a Kraut, and spends lots of time crying
    Coulda been much better

As could Captain Marvel
    6/10
    Nice to look at, the usual great effects, and sets up nicely her involvement in the Avengers carry on. Story is so so

8. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

Overlord. WW2 troops sent in to destroy a German controlled church but find a lot more than they bargained for. Rit up my street and was canny.

7/10

maygo likes this.
  9. My Boy Harry

My Boy Harry Striker

I watch dozens every week on iptv.

Waiting for this one to come out this month. For the resident sci fi buffs it looks like a good one in amongst the morass of rubbish.

niceonemarra likes this.
  10. matt228

Operation Finale 8/10 - cracking acting and a fascinating true story.

Gandhi - 9/10. Absolutely excellent, I expected the 3 hours to drag on but they managed to find the right balance of drama and comic relief so that I didn’t want to go on hunger strike myself. Superb performance from Ben Kingsley as always.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  11. A Star Is Born

Never saw the original so can't compare the two.

Watchable, enjoyed it. One little gripe, although I thought lady gaga was good in the part, perhaps the part could have been given to an unknown? I couldn't quite get over lady gaga being well known from start of film and had to remind myself that she was playing Ally.

7.5/10

12. matt228

Interestingly enough, she was cast because Bradley Cooper considered her an unknown in the field of acting.

I don't know why, though, because she had acted many times before.

13. Bohemian

7.5/10

Live aid scene brilliantly done...

14. Shack

Shack Midfield

The Favourite - 6/10 - Nice cinematography, excellent sound and it was easy enough to watch with decent acting. I just found it a bit contrived and the OTT profanity unnecessary! I'm no prude but it felt forced.

15. Pricey

Pricey Central Defender

16. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

ooooo that looks good

17. Just caught up with this now. Very good

18. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

If there is an faction that think Cap Marvel is poor, then they obviously haven’t watched

Nick Fury: Agent of Shield (1998) starring David Hasselhoff

19. General Zod

General Zod Midfield

Agreed. One of the few films I felt like just walking out of the cinema. If I didnt have an unlimited membership I would have felt ripped off

20. peterleeblackcat

peterleeblackcat Midfield

I've just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time. It was canny enough but I'm mainly astounded that it is a PG rating :lol: