The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. ajsafc

ajsafc Midfield

:lol:

Fletch likes this.
  2. errant

errant Striker

There was an old bloke who actually did that in the concord fairworld back in the day, few of us at school got in for that marvellous Sharon Stone 18 rated flick, Sliver... 4D before it became all the fashion...

jubblies likes this.
  3. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

Purge: The First. Latest one in a series of films I don't mind but this was switched off after 20 mins. Should have been called The Dirge. 1/10.

bigmarlon likes this.
  4. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

Same here.

There's a Purge TV show anarl, just as bad.

Good idea, shite execution.

5. matt228

matt228 Midfield Contributor

My mate watched A Quiet Place on the plane and he said it wasn't scary at all.

Howard the Duck likes this.
  6. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

None are even slightly scary. They're only labelled Horror because of the subject matter (Let The Right One In = vampires, A Quiet Place = monsters, The Falling = possible supernatural cause).

None are scary. I'd let my bairns watch the 1st 3, the last one has sex scenes so I wouldn't let them watch that.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Howard the Duck likes this.
  7. weebil64

weebil64 Winger

See, I don't get the praise for this film. It's not a bad film, it's entertaining. It's neither shocking or horrific. It's pedestrian, nothing new.

It's what 10 o'clock Saturday morning shows are for. Before the little sweethearts are awake.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  8. bigmarlon

bigmarlon Midfield

Fixed.

BIG BAZ and weebil64 like this.
  9. Sneech

Sneech Striker

About two hours before I'm awake too if I'm being honest :lol:

weebil64 likes this.
  10. Albay3037

Albay3037 Winger

Captain Marvel. Not bad could have been better,similar in tone to GOTG humour wise. 7/10

Although one mystery solved with Fury in how he lost his eye
    losing to a cat not what I expected :lol:

11. ajsafc

ajsafc Midfield

Finally got round to The Whitney Houston film, Basically her mam was a twat & Bobby liked the beerz more that the Coke, Very sad anyway :cry: 7/10

12. bobbypark

bobbypark Striker

Ricky Gervais love him or hate him but his new Netflix series ......After Life ...... brilliant simply brilliant. Don't miss it, im sure we have all been touched emotionally by one or more of the themes. can be sad at times while others hilarious. 10/10

niceonemarra likes this.
  13. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Cheers I'll give it a watch.

14. Baghdad McBadLad

Baghdad McBadLad Central Defender

Was this released today? If so that is my viewing sorted tonight!

15. bobbypark

bobbypark Striker

yes it was ... i think its his best work yet. cuts your soul and stitches it up with humour

16. DJ Doubt

DJ Doubt Midfield

Do The Right Thing – 9/10

So far ahead of its time and alarmingly relevant to this day still. This ‘Spike Lee Joint’ frequently appears on many peoples top 10 lists and many directors speak of how influential it was for them.

The first hour has a very loose feel to it. It reminded me a lot of Dazed & Confused and Clerks where we are just being introduced to a variety of characters whilst maintaining a slightly improvisational tone to certain scenes. Tension slowly builds and tempers begin to flare in the scorching heat, building to a powerful and shocking crescendo. If you haven’t seen it, the less I say the better. You simply MUST see this film. It creates such powerful racial dynamics and critics have debated many aspects of the finale for years.

This film ticks so many boxes and lives up to its reputation. A fantastic piece of film making.

Unfortunately, the old DVD I had looked awful and the bright, vibrant colours looked garishly saturated, I need that bluray next time. Also, for some reason I got this mixed up with ‘The Right Stuff’ so for the first 20 minutes I was wondering when Mookie would begin his journey into becoming an astronaut

17. Baghdad McBadLad

Baghdad McBadLad Central Defender

Feel like that should be accompanied on the posters...

Is it a film or series mate?

18. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

series, 6 episodes up on netflix now

bobbypark likes this.
  19. bobbypark

bobbypark Striker

series i blasted all this evening

20. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

Captain Marvel - 7/10

Quite enjoyed it, a bit slow in places and enough action scenes. The cat’s a bit weird!

The Stan Lee appearances montage mixed with the Marvel Studio logo at the beginning was a nice touch along with the simple message... forgot to mention to the cinema about the bits of dust that must have been floating around then.