The SMB Movie thread

jubblies

Striker
How To Train Your Dragon 2

5/10 Too much dialogue for a 4 year old (son, not me)

That's not an easy concept to visualise
There's honestly no other way to describe her :lol:

Escape Plan

Stallone, Swarzenegger, Fifty Cent and Vinnie Jones. :lol:

Hackneyed and hammy, I quite enjoyed it, although it started promisingly and tailed off toward the end.

6/10 will watch the sequel
:mad:

Makes the original look Oscar worthy

Last edited:

tunstallhill

Striker
The Favourite

Dame Judy is about 110 now but stand down everyone, we've found her replacement: Colman is some actor.

As one of the SMB's favourite feminithts, you won't be surprised to hear that I was hugely interested to see this tale of 3 women who featured large in the life of early eighteenth century Britain. The story, interesting and real as it is, somehow doesn't sustain a movie, but my goodness Colman does.

Film - 6/10
Colman - 15/10
went to see it on Friday. i thought it was 10/10 as a movie and the three main parts were all 10/10. haven't enjoyed a film so much for ages. real, proper acting performances, and quite dynamic directing. some great scenes, and the setting of it wasn't really that important, you could have had the same three characters, in the same type of story, in any place and time with slight tweaks to the script. i do realise its based on actual events, but the 3 of them had me mesmerised.

Ready Player One

Canny, enjoyed it. Perhaps you need to be a bit more embedded in gamer culture to absolutely love it though. Must have been a great spectacle on the big screen
I quite enjoyed that one.... mind you the last ten minutes had me feeling a bit old, spotting all the cool gadgets in the bedroom (Big Trak, Atari, etc)

Loved the Chucky grenade :lol:

errant

Striker
Been layed up with horse flu over the weekend...

12 Angry Men - Better than i remember 9/10
Where Eagles Dare - Classic 9/10
One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest - Boring compared to first time i saw it 4/10
When Harry Met Sally - 7/10 Meg Ryan when she was a wad, potty mouth too.
Warhorse - 4/10 long winded and slow compared to last time i saw it
Empire Strikes Back - 10/10 natch
Return of the Jedi - 8/10 i like it
Goonies - 8/10 nostalgic

Bairn was in charge of film selection on Sunday so choose the last three - wasnt complaining...

The Lego Movie 2.

5/10, some giggles which the offspring didn't get.
there seems to be a decreasing return of enjoyment from the lego films since the very first one i've found...

Richy Fingers

Full Back
It's VOD Tueday! :p

Few canny films out today...

The Favourite The Favourite - Intrigen und Irrsinn (2018) - IMDb
In early 18th century England, a frail Queen Anne occupies the throne and her close friend, Lady Sarah, governs the country in her stead. When a new servant, Abigail, arrives, her charm endears her to Sarah.

Creed 2 Creed II: Rocky's Legacy (2018) - IMDb
Under the tutelage of Rocky Balboa, heavyweight contender Adonis Creed faces off against Viktor Drago, son of Ivan Drago.

London Fields London Fields (2018) - IMDb
Clairvoyant femme fatale Nicola Six has been living with a dark premonition of her impending death by murder. She begins a tangled love affair with three uniquely different men: one of whom she knows will be her murderer.

Shoplifters Shoplifters - Familienbande (2018) - IMDb
A family of small-time crooks take in a child they find outside in the cold.

Free Solo Free Solo (2018) - IMDb
Follow Alex Honnold as he becomes the first person to ever free solo climb Yosemite's 3,000ft high El Capitan Wall. With no ropes or safety gear, he completed arguably the greatest feat in rock climbing history.

Border Border (2018) - IMDb
A customs officer who can smell fear develops an unusual attraction to a strange traveler while aiding a police investigation which will call into question her entire existence.

That's yer lot.