The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Mile 22

All the gear no idea - the editing was bad but it had some good car chase scenes and good martial arts. meh/10

stephen cartwright likes this.
  2. maygo

maygo Winger

Black Hawk Down
    6/10
    Going through a period of wanting to rewatch fillums, stuck this on last night. Decent, a bit like a movie version of Call of Duty. 2 and a half hours though

3. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

Groundhog......

Never mind.

gazc24 and stephen cartwright like this.
  4. Widows. Steve McQueen strikes again, with a top quality heist movie. It is confined a little bit by the conventions of the genre, because you have to have a lot of set up followed by a big event that you've known was going to happen right from the start. But he's clever with the way he sets it up, with a good story full of twists and turns that keeps you guessing, and a realistic setting that makes you believe in it and care about the characters despite the inevitable plot leaps that you always get in films like this. Really good stuff and Daniel Kaluuya is a terrific villain.

8/10

5. Den of Thieves

Currently on Netflix. Heist movie starring Gerard Butler.
    Tries to be Heat and falls short but still a decent attempt. I think the dialogue was a little obvious at times but a good action movie with nods to other nineties films.
    7/10

6. The Muppets Christmas Carol

9/10. Very good reworking of the classic Christmas tale

HABA87 likes this.
  7. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Pulp Fiction. again/10 good soundtrack.

8. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

A Star Is Born

Very good, solid 7.5/10

Gaga and Cooper are electric. Great performances.

9. I’ve just watched mark kermodes film review on the iplayer and there was a film called Overlord, which I thought was going to be about the allied landing, which it is to an extent, but is also a horror film tagged on.

Of course the landings were a true life horror story but this film is a different fiction story

10. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

That Hunter Killer is a Submarine fillim.

Ned? Step in a puddle.

JJ Abrams is a poor director imho but this film looks immense. All the gear no idea.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 11:49 PM
  11. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Striker

:lol:

12. kamaras-tash

kamaras-tash Winger

Equalizer 2 - 7.5/10

13. Wayne The Punk

Wayne The Punk Striker

Crows Blood, Channel 4, only 3 episodes in, but loving it 8/10

14. maygo

maygo Winger

Woman in Black 2
    4/10
    Very dark shots, so dark I had to turn the brightness up on my telly.
    Started ok, quickly turned to shite. Some decent jump scares, but nowt we haven’t seen a million times before

15. It’s not JJ directing it

16. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

So it isn't, he's the producer. No wonder it looks good.

17. kossoff

kossoff Winger

Watched it today. Only been interested in seeing a few films released this year (although I've watched plenty of films from all years this year). Thought it was class. Light humour about serious historical issues that are still prevalent today as displayed at the end.

Cockney Mackem likes this.
  18. weebil64

weebil64 Winger

Peterloo - 8/10

Excellent document of a neglected piece of British history. The more things change the more they stay the same.

19. Outlaw King - 6/10

Netflix's unofficial "sequel" to Braveheart. Pretty average and forgettable. Pretty slow paced as well, with not a great deal of character development. It's also going be compared to Braveheart which was a big budget Hollywood blockbuster, whereas this is a modest budgeted Netflix film, and to be honest it feels it.

Probably would have worked better as a series instead of a film.

FishburnMackem likes this.
  20. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

Where Eagles Dare

Putting aside the obvious holes, such as machine guns with endless supplies of ammo, exploding cars etc, still a good yarn

8/10

Broadsword Calling. Danny Boy.