The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Thought it was great me like.

kamaras-tash likes this.
  2. General Zod

General Zod Midfield

Aye, the little zodlets loved it too. I'd give it a 7 as well, but maybe I think its better than it was because of how much they were laughing

errant and Junior Birdman like this.
  3. the veteran

the veteran Central Defender

Ant man and the wasp... 7.5/10

4. Junior Birdman

Junior Birdman Striker

Totally agree. The bairn was in fits at the virtual reality scene. Must admit, I was laughing then too :D

General Zod and errant like this.
  5. A simple favour?

Night School 5/10 some funny bits but a bit meh

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Cockney Mackem likes this.
  6. Moana (10/10)

Destined to become a Disney classic animation along with Pinocchio & Snow White
    Uplifting, moralistic, funny, well-made, well-sung, great visuals.

Coco (10/10)

Destined to become a Pixar classic like Toy Story & Wall-E
    Uplifting, moralistic, funny, well-made, well-sung, breathtaking visuals (especially on blu ray)

Coco made me cry, Moana made me sing (both unusual) - still can't choose which is better.

Fletch73, HABA87, Dan The Man and 2 others like this.
  7. Junior Birdman

Junior Birdman Striker

I said this last year after I'd taken the bairn to the cinema to see Coco. Absolutely outstanding film on all levels. The visuals and colours are unbelievable. A great story as well. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to 'get' it.

HABA87 and Ben Gardner like this.
  8. My 9 year old niece caught me crying at Coco :lol:

Junior Birdman likes this.
  9. Dennis

Dennis Central Defender

Dead Man Walking -7.5/10

Sean Penns character reminded me of Snake off the Simpsons too much

10. Junior Birdman

Junior Birdman Striker

No shame in that ;)

11. Where eagles dare

10/10 has to be as there were trying to release Cartwright Jones

Broadsword to Danny boy, come in

Stevie Freestein II likes this.
  12. Albay3037

Albay3037 Winger

For some reason I ended up watching Brother Bear all the way through yesterday, actually better than I was expecting, typical Disney film but was quite funny but I think there was a bit of dust in the air towards the end. A nice easy going Sunday film. 7/10

13. Pricey

Pricey Full Back

Downsizing

A very dry sci-fi comedy, loved it 8/10

14. Albay3037

Albay3037 Winger

Watched that for first time on Friday, was a bit disappointed, came across as a bit preachy as if it was made by Greenpeace. 5/10 for me.

15. Pricey

Pricey Full Back

I know what you mean but I thought it was dry wit, as if you'd shrink to 5" tall and live in a dolls house in order to save the earth :lol:

I thought it was taking the piss out of the greenpeace types at the end with the hippy commune type party and bongo drumming, while we learn about the 8 fucks of americans. :lol:

Albay3037 likes this.
  16. maygo

maygo Winger

Venom
    6/10
    Decent, but nothing really new yet again from Marvel. I thought Venom was originally summit to do with Spider-Man, the webbed wonder was nowhere to be seen in this- although the main character is also a reporter

17. tjmckeown

tjmckeown Full Back

Wouldn't be this would it?

Sneech likes this.
  18. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Striker

Its not a Marvel flick...well not an MCU movie anyhow...ya right Venom is a villain and enemy of Spiderman but I've no idea how they take this forward where Spidey is concerned...Spiderman looks to be firmly back in Marvel Studios plans and will play a huge part in the MCU moving forward after Avengers 4...where that leaves Sony heaven knows

19. Fred Army

Fred Army Winger

Venom
    7/10
    Works best when it plays as a twisted version of The Odd Couple. No idea if that was the intention but I enjoyed it: way better than the critics would have you believe.

20. Sneech

Sneech Striker

Aye, how did you guess? :lol:

tjmckeown likes this.