1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

Gone baby gone - 7.65/10

HABA87 likes this.
  2. foggy

foggy Winger

Ready Player One at the iMax. Loved every bit except where they talked. Erm 7

3. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

Just watched The Florida Project. Pretty shite and overrated imo.

Geronimo likes this.
  4. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

I honestly didn't realise you were 14 marra.

5. TIMMY

TIMMY Midfield

Saw this last night - 7/10 for me.

I didn't realise Jeremy Dyson was involved until i read about it afterwards, it definitely has that feel to it but i did find the ending slightly underwhelming.
    I thought there would be more to it.

6. Fletch73

Fletch73 Goalkeeper

The Deep Blue Sea (2011)
    8/10

In 1950's London, Rachel Weisz, stuck in a marriage to a man she doesn't love has a toxic affair with RAF pilot Tom Hiddleston.
    Emotional shit ensues.

Weisz is amazing. Hiddleston chews the scenery in Nicolas Cage levels of hammy overacting.

7. TIMMY

TIMMY Midfield

I love the office but the laugh he keeps doing in that film is terrible :evil:
    Why would you bother with it a second time?

8. For Gerard Butler, *every* day is International Talk Like A Pirate Day

9. Pricey

Pricey Full Back

Isle of Dogs

Really wanted to like this being a fan of Fantastic Mr Fox but the trailer is the best bit of it, it was very stylised and arty, I liked it, it was ok but on first watch it was only a 6/10 imo.

The animation is great, the Japanese style of it was cool but it didn't come together very well imo.

errant likes this.
  10. errant

errant Striker

i liked it... and would agree with what you're saying, it seems to miss a little something in the mix... i don't remember the scene but i seem to recall sitting there thinking this is art for arts sake, in what some might say was a kids filum (although the bairn enjoyed it!)... i think the use of a foreign language without subtitles made me think its being pretentious...

Pricey likes this.
  11. Pricey

Pricey Full Back

Agreed, the subtitles were up and gone a bit fast for kids to read, my little one kept asking "what did that say" or "what did he say" (about the little pilot) and there were no subtitles for him, you just had to guess what he might be saying.

12. cluffy

cluffy Striker

Basically it’s now on Netflix and I was curious to see why it was so bad. I just think the band are stupid - we’re exoected to believe they’re cool and decent people but then they’re terrible to him in a way that stretches credibility. Then all of a sudden they’re ok at the end? It’s so badly written total opposite of the tv series

Running Man and TIMMY like this.
  13. Teejay

Teejay Winger

Ghost Stories. First time I’ve seen a horror in the pictures and thoroughly enjoyed it, very different experience. 7/10.

14. Twisted

Twisted Striker

found the film underwhelming but I expected to. it was ok I guess but the book is class like.

well I say class, it's an easy and enjoyable page turner, bit like a sci fi whatever it was called, da vinci code?

15. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

New film out on Amazon/dodgy sites today called Wildling. Looks canny..

16. Fletch73

Fletch73 Goalkeeper

Toni Erdmann (2016)
    8/10

German film about a bloke who tries to connect with his work-obsessed businesswoman daughter.
    He does this by creating a fucking mental alter ego called Toni Erdmann and turns up on her business trip posing as a life coach for her CEO.

First of all this film is absolutely hilarious. Excruciating at times.
    It's shot in a hyper-realistic style and I'm sure there was a lot of improv involved.
    It is, however, a bit too long - 2 1/2 hours.
    If you like the office you'll probably enjoy this.

HABA87 and Howard the Duck like this.
  17. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

I enjoyed.
    Ending was crap though.

18. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

I enjoyed the bairns being little shites and Dafoe was good, but nowt happened in it. Just 2 hours of kids playing. Wasn't the worst film I'd ever seen but definitely wouldn't watch it again like.

Geronimo likes this.
  19. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

Just watched Black Mass on Netflix.

Johnny Depp excellent as Whitey Bulger.

8/10

niknak_123 and BIG BAZ like this.
  20. ErichZann

ErichZann Winger

The Lighthouse of the Orcas - excellent.