1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Baghdad McBadLad

Baghdad McBadLad Full Back

One of the worst films I have ever seen. Starts off okay but as soon as he gets with the worst actress in the world/maid with wonky leg I totally lost interest.

2. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

After all that it was on sky. Anyway, let it be said that it's' absolutely fucking shite and please, anyone else wondering, DO NOT BOTHER WATCHING THE VVITCH.

3. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Winger

Never mind, I'll find one with no dialogue and lots of explosions for you to enjoy. Least I can do.

niceonemarra and Tommasi like this.
  4. becs

becs Striker Contributor

Early Man.

A tribe of Stone Age people have their village threatened by people from the Bronze Age who want to build a mine there. The matter is settled over a game of football.

Film full off daft gags and puns and loads of references to football in a humorous way. I giggled a lot watching it. Definitely worth a watch.

BOYCEY likes this.
  5. Currently working my way through my IMDB watchlist. Watched The Master last night. Didn't really enjoy it but PSH and Joaquin Phoenix are great in it. 6/10.

6. Tad the Explorer and the Secret of King Midas.

Took the bairn to see it today because we'd seen everything else. A cartoon version of a poor man's Indiana Jones. 4/10 if only because it got us out of the pissing rain.

7. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

When it first came out it got really shite reviews and really great reviews - I thought it was excellent but can see why someone who liked the likes of marvel/dc crap with only half a braincell would think it was rubbish. Not directed at you btw.

Motor City Cobra likes this.
  8. Andy_Roker1983

Andy_Roker1983 Striker

Daddy’s home 2, light hearted film with the odd funny bit. Easy watch 6/10

The ritual - British horror, started off really good and lost its way a bit towards the end 6/10

House on willow street - South African horror film, shite 4/10

Tomorrowland - watched it with my 8 year old daughter, she loved it I was disappointed, pretty shit really 5/10

9. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

It just had nothing about it, slow, very little story, no suspense, no horror and a talking goat.

10. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

Get Out. Rather enjoyed it and I don't normally 'do' horror. A teeny bit daft towards the end, but canny overall.

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  11. I watched this the other week as it was said it was truly terrifying

I found it all a bit stepford wives scenario and as you say a bit odd towards the end.

Anyway

Dunkirk, the new one was a 10 for me. @becs

Watched it about ten times now but I'm a second world war junkie

becs likes this.
  12. becs

becs Striker Contributor

Aww pleased you liked it :D

I bought it for my Dad for Christmas and he enjoyed it too. He loves war films.

stephen cartwright likes this.
  13. Drives the Mrs mad, as I download Valkyrie all the time.

Now I've added Dunkirk, battle of the bulge, the eagle has landed, a bridge too far, the great escape, and numerous more on the TV , all the time :lol:

Davyred and becs like this.
  14. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Even I switched this film off after a few minutes as I was too scared to carry on watching it - its all just film production and story writing though so managed to get through it the second time, its a truly terrifying film.

15. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

This again. It's a masterpiece

16. Has Downsizing been reviewed yet?

Any nudity?

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  17. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

:lol::lol:

18. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

Why don't you just download it once and keep it?

19. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

Aye....

20. I have a DVD of it as well

Bit obsessed about this film