1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Frijj

Frijj Striker Contributor

How the fuck have you not seen it? Go watch it. I'll await your 9/10 rating.

2. FishburnMackem

FishburnMackem Midfield

No idea. I have seen almost all good films countless times. This one must have just slipped past me.

3. Rob Zombie has a best film like Nickelback have a best soundcheck

Jokei84 likes this.
  4. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

It got a brutal human mutilation scene but its a brilliant film overall, no need for that like.

He did well on Halloween & a couple of other films but he seems to have lost the plot.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Winger

Again, I was asked a direct question which I answered. It's you who then popped up to resume an argument in which you were alteady soundly thrashed months ago. I'd have a hard think if I were you. You're obsessed.

It's excellent. A bit educational too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  6. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

That's a good Friday night pissed post mate.

7. Were you answering a direct question in this post as well?

8. Italian Outcast

Italian Outcast Central Defender

Best execution scene ever filmed IMO - don't let the bairns watch it!!

9. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Winger

I'm answering a post directed at me.

What's wrong with you?

10. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

:lol: while I like the comparison I have to disagree. Yes 90% of his stuff is garbage but TDJ is a legitimately good film imo.

niceonemarra likes this.
  11. offmenut

offmenut Winger

3 billboards outside ebbing , missouri.
    Woody from cheers is a cop in a village where some woman wants the police to do better in investigating the death and rape of her daughter.
    Really liked this movie - 8.5/10

Mother!
    Great cast list - Javier Bardem from one of my favourite movies ‘no country for old men (9.3/10), Jennifer Lawrence, edd Harris, Michelle pfiffier (sp!)
    Strange as fuck movie - really didn’t know what was going on, but very intriguing, and at the end wasn’t sure if I’d really enjoyed it, but then couldn’t stop thinking about it for a few hours. Won’t give any spoilers - it’s supposed to be a horror, but it’s not scary, just a bit unsettling. Presume there will be a few Oscar nominations from this, original screenplay and Jennifer Lawrence is great in it. You see her nips a wee bit too.
    Not really sure how to mark it - somewhere between 6-7.5/10

12. San Andreas was a brilliant film.

13. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Winger

You say that Prometheus is silly because it starts with prehistoric drawings of star clusters on cave walls being used to locate a planet thought to harbour extra terrestrial life.

I'd say that's one of the least silly sci fi movie premises I can think of. It's certainly less silly than most Star Wars or Star Trek (of which I'm a fan) movies.

And it's vastly less silly than a premise of some foreign language squiggles enabling all humans to become fortune tellers. You want to know the future of every subatomic particle in the universe at any time in the future? No worries mate, here's a squiggle that will educate your brain.

Perhaps you're as bad as @Cockney Mackem at understanding what you're watching.

14. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

To be fair, I'm not bothered enough to continue this never-ending argument, especially with someone with such an overblown sense of importance when it comes to 'interpreting things correctly'. We'll just have to agree to respectfully understand that the other person likes a movie the other thinks is utterly dire. Such is life.

15. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Winger

And next time I'm directly asked what I think, I'll answer with what you think.

16. FishburnMackem

FishburnMackem Midfield

Just wow.

What a film, are there any more like it?

8/10. Would probably be higher if I fully understood it from the beginning.

17. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

What are you on about? All I did was link you to a page discussing the hypothesis the film used as a basis for story building? :confused:

18. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Winger

Fridge magnets.

19. Watched High Fidelity again last night. A film that actually lives up to the book. 8/10.

20. FishburnMackem

FishburnMackem Midfield

It was brilliant mate

Billy Rocket likes this.