1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Wayne The Punk

Wayne The Punk Striker

What did you think? I loved it but I am a SK fan, pissed that its a 2 parter

2. fatha

fatha Midfield

8/10 for me...Hugh Grant the Luvvie baddie man!

3. kamaras-tash

kamaras-tash Winger

Really enjoyed it, wasn't as scary as I imagined it would have been but all the cast were great ( not sure on Pennywise's voice tho ) I knew it would be a 2 parter as the original was, the original is shite really but I still enjoy it now probably as I watched it quite a bit as a kid

4. 007Iron

007Iron Midfield

Will watch tonight.

5. Running Man

Running Man Midfield

Paddington 2

7.5/10

I thought it was good, few decent laughs and the kids enjoyed it. Anything with brendan gleeson is usually decent like.

6. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

I thought it was excellent. Hoping they manage to cast decent adults.

7. The Show. People comitt suicide live on TV. A grim but interesting idea poorly executed with a rather predictable ending. 5/10.

8. errant

errant Striker

they all die?

9. 007Iron

007Iron Midfield

Neither Heaven Or Earth

French and Taliban soldiers disappear in supernatural thriller set in French army outpost in Afghanistan.

Not your usual encountering/fighting/ killing the supernatural baddie flick.

There was no backing music/effects, and this gave it a sense of realism and kept the events grounded. However the film never got out of first gear, and never really came to a conclusion. I was left with a sense of "er OK that's it?" at the end.

5/10

10. a prominent character aye

11. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Striker

Ghostbusters (1984) on sky now....love it 10/10

12. American assassin - was watchable no brain needed film, passed time, that’s all 5/10

Thor Rangarok - loved it, doesn’t take its self seriously, the cast probably had a laugh making it, which rubbed off on the film. 8/10

13. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Even better than before Staff Member Contributor

Went to see Casablanca on the big screen last night.
    10/10

14. raindog

raindog Winger

Watched this very low budget movie ( I really don't what else to call it ) by chance/ boredom last night .

6 minutes of my life i wont ever get back. :neutral:

15. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

I love seeing old films on the big screen. Every year when I go to see It's a Wonderful Life I notice some thing new (like Georgia's Amazing Striptease on a poster in Pottersville). I think I appreciated Double Indemnity more when I saw it shown in a cinema.

16. Fletch

Fletch Striker

The snowman .. thought the book was good so really wanted to enjoy the film , but fuck me , nowt really happened, canny music but felt short changed when it ended after 5 minutes

17. Rewatched Twin Town (1997) last night on Youtube.

Enjoyable romp.

18. TIMMY

TIMMY Midfield

Ip Man 3 - 6.5/10

19. niknak_123

niknak_123 Striker

American Made

Enjoyed it. 7.5/10

20. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Even better than before Staff Member Contributor

I must have watched Casablanca well over 100 times, but I noticed some things on the big screen that I hadn't picked up on beforehand, such as Rick's expressions in particular scenes.

Son of Stan likes this.