1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

The baby bit with Jason statham actually had me creased like. :oops:

2. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Love Story. 2006. 8/10.
    A rockumentary concerning 60s LA band Love.
    Arthur Lee is surprisingly together whereas poor Snoopy is wacky as owt and doesn't appear to know it. It doesn't touch the prison sentences and Snoopys being sent down for robbing doughnut stalls at gun point deserves further investigation.
    A mad mad bunch who nivver received the recognition during the bands lifespan they surely deserved. Although Nicols gets a bit Sol Campbellish when he blames that on the racial mix of its members. Thankfully the makers seem aware of this as they immediately follow up his claims with Lee admitting they should've toured outside of LA. The Doors feller is also on explains how they and the byrds and the San Francisco bands toured their arses off and reaped the rewards whereas Lee was happy to nivver leave LA. McLean was Maria McKees step brother iirc ynar her from Lone Justice.
    As a fillum there's quite a bit for non afficianados especially when snoopies on screen in comparison with most rock docs.

3. Coeus

Coeus Striker

"You tried to shoot a baby, you sick bastard" expertly delivered by Stathes.

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  4. bernardbresslaw

bernardbresslaw Striker

The ending is tragic. If the daft twat had just waited a couple of more minutes.

Boinger likes this.
  5. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

The man's an acting powerhouse!

Coeus likes this.
  6. Much better than the book's ending though.

Boinger likes this.
  7. bernardbresslaw

bernardbresslaw Striker

The ending reminds me of the War of the Worlds (the book), where they wake up and all of the Tripods are falling about pissed.

8. BigPete

BigPete Winger

About to watch harsh times with Christian bale

Looks good so far

Eva Longoria invit too mmmm

Really good film 9/10

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    niceonemarra likes this.
  9. cluffy

cluffy Striker

Anger Management with Jack Nicholson and adnam Sandler
    Meh really 6/10

10. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

I've never got round to watching this, but looks decent

BigPete and niceonemarra like this.
  11. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Midfield

Its class.

BigPete likes this.
  12. the walrus

the walrus Winger

Nocturnal animals.

Really beautifully shot. Amazingly well acted (Aaron Taylor Johnson, Jake Gylenhaal, Amy Adams and Michael Shannon - the latter of which was nominated for a oscar). Stylish as hell and with a brilliant score, 8.5/10

GK, AB22 Easy Tiger, TIMMY and 2 others like this.
  13. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

Great fillum.

14. supermackem123

supermackem123 Midfield

The Fourth Kind - Decent, thought it had a lot more potential and was poorly executed.

15. DeLonge

DeLonge Midfield

When I met my lass, she thought it was a real documentary :lol: bless her. She's got a degree but has little common sense.

We were out in the car the other night with the dog. The cars a convertible and the roof was off. She said the dog was getting hot coz he was panting so I told her to blow on him to cool him down. She started blowing on, I never said out and just sat there laughing.

the walrus and supermackem123 like this.
  16. supermackem123

supermackem123 Midfield

Aye! Without being sexist, I think most of them aren't into Aliens and deep stuff like that. I remember watching that McPherson Tape with the UFO abduction with my Mother years ago, after 1 hour she looked over at me and her first thought process was to ask "What will they do with all that leftover food?" I just burst out laughing. Not, why these intelligent beings were taking refuge in their home and why they'd visit our planet - To harvest us or to destroy us? Nope, we want to know what's happening with all this leftover grub :):):)

You should do the old 'Will you check if I ripped my jeans' trick and unleash a monster on her mate :cool:

theinediblebulk and DeLonge like this.
  17. Gingga

Gingga Winger

Chips, cheesy as hell just like the tv show.

18. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

The mummy with Tim cruise - absolute horse shite

19. dead red

dead red Goalkeeper

Totally agree...
    As was Alien Covenant.

Iam not sure if it was her voice at all..

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  20. TIMMY

TIMMY Midfield

Apparently her original accent was so inconsistent it was re-dubbed, that worked well!