1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SMB Movie thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. harmy

harmy Midfield

Lion. Quality film. Very sad too. 9/10

2. Thurston

Thurston Winger

The Godfather Part 2. Had seen it about a dozen times before, but always notice something new on each watch. A brilliantly constructed film. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't had the pleasure.

Sid likes this.
  3. I forgot to say I watched a film called the borderlands. one of those found footage types, which started canny but was a bit ridiculous at the end. Set in Scotland around an ancient church

5/10

4. Fred Army

Fred Army Winger

Arrival
    Canny.
    7/10

5. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Midfield

The Thin Red Line 8/10 Anti-war WW2 film set on a Japanese island. A company of yanks have to capture a hill. Atmospheric, and beautiful scenery including boobies. Very good. Lots of a-list actors.

Sid likes this.
  6. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Winger

Moana at the cinema with our lass and the kids, fell asleep quite a bit as I was a tad rough off nightshift. The couple of songs I woke up for were canny funny.

7. GK

GK Striker

Green Room

Very average

6/10

8. The Sinful Dwarf

The Sinful Dwarf Midfield

Concurred. Turned into a typical horror / thriller, but with right wing nutters.

9. greedminds

greedminds Striker

10. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Midfield

Sean Penn
    George Clooney
    John Travolta
    Nick Nolte
    John Cusack
    Adrien Brody
    Woody Harrelson
    John C Reilly

11. silas80

silas80 Midfield

Django Unchained again. I'm still unsure of what accent Tarantino is trying to do.

12. Panhead

Panhead Midfield

Rogue One

Utter shite for bairns

13. daedalus

daedalus Winger

The Drop - James Gandolfini & Tom Hardy. Really enjoyed it 8.5/10

Young Offenders - Irish comedy set in Cork, two hapless teenage chavs go on a treasure hunt for cocaine washed up on the Irish coast. More than 6 lol's so it's a 7/10 worth a watch.

14. Kid Galahad

Kid Galahad Striker

Hacksaw Ridge, excellent.

15. Panhead

Panhead Midfield

Favourite comedy of last couple years this. Thought it was fucking brilliant

Skiddaw likes this.
  16. daedalus

daedalus Winger

Cork accent takes a bit getting used to.

Aye, probably harsh only giving it a 7

Panhead likes this.
  17. alexander

alexander Striker

Watched that on Friday. Very graphic but a good watch. Had me sobbing as well like the lil' Princess that I am. One thing I didn't get though was if the rope net thingy had been there for a week why didn't the Japanese just cut it down ?

Saturday I watched King Cobra, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. And last night I watched Théo & Hugo, a lil' French number with lovely nudity and an opening scene from the basement of a naughty club (took about fifteen minutes before the first word was spoken, which didn't seem as odd as it sounds).

Today am thinking of giving either Trolls or The Accountant a go, not sure which one to pick though.

And am looking forward to The Pass when it comes out on sale. Wanted to see it at the movie theatre but my local didn't have it on at all.

18. the walrus

the walrus Winger

Ok mate but don't forget next time

stephen cartwright likes this.
  19. auto biographical?

20. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

Starting on Film4 again in a minute or two. :cool: