The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a very good sci fi horror imho, takes nods from aaaalll the great sci fi fillums before it

Agree. The looking down at Earth was very Kubrick. Thought Ryan Reynolds floating blood bubbles were a (gory) clever touch. The scientists hand being crushed was 'Life's' 'John Hurts chest' moment.

As you say, very good indeed.

Going to give an indy Western / Horror (Kurt Russell) with solid reviews a go at 1050 on Film 4. Got a feeling it could go either way..........

'Bone Tomahawk'.

The Naked Gun 2.5 The Smell Of Fear (1991) - Has me in stitches no matter how many times I watch it.

Lt. Frank Drebin: I'm single! I love being single! I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8/10

The Naked Gun 2.5 The Smell Of Fear (1991) - Has me in stitches no matter how many times I watch it.

Lt. Frank Drebin: I'm single! I love being single! I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8/10
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to be on my toes.
All 3 are mint like.

Ghosts of War
5.5/10

Netflix fillum, WWII tank soldiers end up stationed in a mansion in France, when the supernatural turn up. Some bits good, some bits meh

Exorcist 3 on Horror Channel 14th of November...much under rated film with THE best jump scare ever.
Ghosts of War
5.5/10

Netflix fillum, WWII tank soldiers end up stationed in a mansion in France, when the supernatural turn up. Some bits good, some bits meh
I quite enjoyed it

Watched one on iPlayer called The Awakening. Well acted ghost story.

Midway (2019) - 8/10

Quite enjoyed this one. Those pilots (on both sides) must have had balls of steel to take on fleets protected by powerful anti aircraft weapons.
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Very good. Very bloody and Dark. My only grumble is that I detest John Constantine.... he’s such an arsehole!

Last edited:
His House
7.5/10

Netflix horror that isn’t shit. An asylum seeking family bring some spooky shit with them

Anyone remember the 1980's ITV series Widow's starring Ann Mitchell
Watched a remake set in Chicago last night, Liam Neeson, Robert Duvall, Colin Farrell and a load of lady actors I didn't recognise
No where near as good as the original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back