The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last couple of days...

Everest (2015) - Jake Gyllenhaal features. Based on the 1996 disaster, an intriguing watch 7.5/10

Parasite (2019) - Now available on Prime. Perhaps not worthy of the Oscars hype, but a quirky storyline. Enjoyed it 7.5/10

12 Years a Slave (2013) - Finally got around to watching this. Based on a true story, quite harrowing in parts. Good watch 8/10

The Witches (2020) - Great actors, great director...but it didn’t work 🤷‍♂️. Kids just thought it was ok...5/10

Stanley Tucci in the previous Rowan Atkinson role was a highlight. But not much screen time.

1917. Finally got round to watching this. Quite an interesting film, very grim at times (especially scenes in no mans land. 9/10

Star Trek First Frontier (2020) A fan made film of the story of the Enterprise‘s first captain, Robert April. Sound quality is poor but I still found it enjoyable to watch. Shame it wasn’t made with the budget of the likes of Discovery and Picard. 7/10

The Babysitter – 4/10

A trashy, junk food horror TV movie. I instantly felt an uncomfortable and salacious undertone to the whole thing. It feels like it’s directed by some middle-aged paedophile. Check imdb… oh, it’s directed by McG. The guys over 50 years old now and quite frankly, he disgusts me. The Michael Bay wannabe nonce.

The only saving grace is Samara Weaving’s performance. She’s a rare talent. It’s not often that you find someone that has a comedically rubber face, that is also smoking hot.

Logon or register to see this image

The Babysitter – 4/10

A trashy, junk food horror TV movie. I instantly felt an uncomfortable and salacious undertone to the whole thing. It feels like it’s directed by some middle-aged paedophile. Check imdb… oh, it’s directed by McG. The guys over 50 years old now and quite frankly, he disgusts me. The Michael Bay wannabe nonce.

The only saving grace is Samara Weaving’s performance. She’s a rare talent. It’s not often that you find someone that has a comedically rubber face, that is also smoking hot.

Logon or register to see this image
:lol:

Excellent juxtaposition between the two paragraphs there.

The Trial of The Chicago 7 - meh. 4/10 but I don't really do courtroom dramas.

The Witches - meh 4/10 came to an abrupt halt IMO.

Blackkklansman - decent 7/10

Hubie Halloween

Disengage brain and escape from the real world, totally daft but I enjoyed it.
If you like adam sandler movies you should enjoy it, if you don’t then avoid.

6/10

Gnaw (2017) - A young woman finds her sanity pushed to the limit as she wakes up every morning with bite marks across her body. Reminded me of the 80s classic "Critters", a hungry little critter that munches on people while they sleep. Passed the time but have seen worse. 5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back